Rom collection browser problem?
I have successfully integrated the "internet archive rom launcher" into my setup and it works well with retroarch with the exception of Psx, and N64. What I don't like is that the files are all Internet dependent so I have downloaded all of my Roms and set up RCB but I have a problem. It will load the games in retroarch but I will have no control over the game, my gamepad is not seen my firetv remote does nothing except for the home button, what am I doing wrong here. It works well in IARL, works fine if i launch from retroarch, I have a feeling it is a parameter for starting retroarch but I am clueless about it, any help would be awesome...thanks in advance.
Oh know!..this doesn't look good :-)
Why don't give Advanced Emulator Launcher a try?
I am trying to set it up but am lost right off the bat, I am trying to set up a rom launcher but it wants me to point it to the exe but I am on android and can not figure out where the equivalent file is for android....I don't know why this is so difficult :-).I just want to play my games
(2017-05-29, 03:10)johnlrose1979 Wrote: I am trying to set it up but am lost right off the bat, I am trying to set up a rom launcher but it wants me to point it to the exe but I am on android and can not figure out where the equivalent file is for android....I don't know why this is so difficult :-).I just want to play my games

It is somewhat difficult because an emulator is a very complicated piece of software that requires some understanding and configuration effort by the user Wink

In the AEL asset library you have some configuration examples for Android. The file name of each XML tell you the Category, Platform and Emulator. If you click on an XML file, the tag names should clearly tell you the function. For example, <application> is the application you have to choose on Android.

You have 2 ways of configuring a launcher: A) Manually, by using AEL's "Create Launcher" context menu and introducing all the required data by looking at the XML file or B) Downloading a launcher XML file, editing the XML file and then importing the XML launcher configuration in AEL via addon settings, IO tab, "Import XML configuration". For Android B) is more convenient than A) because the application arguments are very long and complex. If you detect and error in your launcher you can edit the XML configuration and reload it again.

Remember to edit the <rompath> and <path_assets> in the example XML to point to the correct folders where you have your ROMs and assets/artwork.
You are right, that is complicated for a novice like myself, thank you for the explanation thou. If I attempted to actually do it I would probably die from banging my head against the wall because it is beyond my skills. I guess I just figured importing roms would be as easy as movies and TV but I guess without a built in emulator in kodi it just won't be that easy. Thank you all for the help...I feel like I am so close in the RCB if retroarch would just respond to any input at all when launched from RCB :-)
(2017-05-29, 19:33)johnlrose1979 Wrote: You are right, that is complicated for a novice like myself, thank you for the explanation thou. If I attempted to actually do it I would probably die from banging my head against the wall because it is beyond my skills. I guess I just figured importing roms would be as easy as movies and TV but I guess without a built in emulator in kodi it just won't be that easy. Thank you all for the help...I feel like I am so close in the RCB if retroarch would just respond to any input at all when launched from RCB :-)

We all were novices at some point Wink

What makes emulator ROM trickier to import than movies or MP3s is that every emulator platform is different. For example, console systems have ROMs but CD-based consoles like the Playstation have ISO images. In addition, some games may have two or more ROMs. And then there is MAME... which is a world in its own. This means a emulator launcher plugin needs to have a lot of different options to accommodate every user and more options means more complexity.

Note that Android is the most difficult platform to configure because it uses special names for the applications and path names tend to be cumbersome. I recommend you start configuring one easy Retroarch core that doesn't require a BIOS (for example, bsnes_balanced for SNES or picodrive for Genesis). Once you get one core working configuring another one is easy and the main advantage of Retroarch is that once you configure it you have access to about 30 different platforms.

Kodi Leia will integrate Retroarch so yes, it will be easier to configure it. However, some cores will need BIOSes to be placed at specific locations, etc., so easier doesn't necessarily mean "plug and play".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rom collection browser problem?0