Videos not appearing in library.
Greetings, I'm not sure if this has been answered before and I just couldn't find the thread.

I am having a problem with my video library for movies and tv shows.
I have 2 seperate folders in my hard drive that is attached to my network router (TV Shows and Movies) and multiple subfolders in there for the various TV shows and seasons.
I attached those folders to the TV Shows and Movies libraries in Kodi (I had previously just used the "Files" tab to find and watch them) but when I updated the library afterwards not all of the seasons showed up in the library.
For example: I have all of the season of How I Met Your Mother on the hard drive and if I go through the "Files" tab everything is where it is supposed to be, however when I look through the library only season 2,3 and 6 are there.
Any thoughts/fixes on this??

I really appreciate any help you have.
Hi dirtychild and welcome,

A few things do stand out, but raise more questions, rather than answer your existing ones.

Quote:my hard drive that is attached to my network router
Confirm we are talking about a USB external harddrive, and not a NAS?
How have you setup sharing from the external HDD to your PC?
Not really the recommended to use your router as a file sharing device. But it seems to work for you. Does it ever give you trouble?

Quote:when I updated the library afterwards not all of the seasons showed up in the library.
This is probably a simpler folder/file naming issue.
For some of your misbehaving shows, can you copy and paste the full path and file name of your episodes. Not all of them. Just two or three of the ones that are missing from library view. Do this for both movies and tv shows.
eg. E:\HTPC TV Shows Overflow\Better Call Saul\Better Call Saul_ S03E01.mkv
Also tell us which directory you have set as "Source" in Kodi

Can you also provide a debug log. Instructions in my signature. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging. Restart kodi, then perform an update library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok nevermind that. I found another thread finally that explained a bit better about the necessary format for the tv episodes. Season/titleepisode#name
Is there a specific format for movies? Or just the title
Ok, nevermind that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos not appearing in library.0