Kodi causing internet to crash
Hi,
Since my box provider has thrown his hands up on any further support reaching out on the forum.... As soon as I turn my Ubuntu box on and Kodi loads, while its scanning for new content it causes my internet to crash, to the extent that a few days ago it even caused my router to reset to factory settings.
My provider had a few months ago said that its because of Man in the Middle attacks and had reinstallted the system but since last couple of days its happening again massively and I can't seem to find a way to fix it.
I've tried disabling the youtube add-on and a few other addons but it still doesn't seem to be working.
Am not sure if the crashlogs are also getting uploaded especially because the whole system was setup by the provider and he has given me limited accessibility but I can try and work it with some guidance.
Please advise.
Thanks
Post a Debug Log please
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It seems my Kodi provider has restricted the above - Log Uploader does not seem to be uploading either and I tried getting to the log file via file manager as detailed in your notes but it is not allowing me to copy or see a USB drive in the menu. How can I remove those restrictions in order to access it?
Thx
Your "Kodi provider" <- what's that please?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The person who provided me the system with the Kodi System setup - www.hdwizards.com
Sorry - kodi is free without any limitations. If you have problems with a special version someone else installed for - we have no idea how to help you.
As @fritsch said. There's little we can do if it's a custom installation - even then, there are few reasons why a client system should cause your network to crash unless it's flooding the LAN with traffic and your router can't cope.

As a final thought (beyond "it looks like you paid for it, so it's there problem") - if you have other networked devices, can you copy the debug log to one of those instead of USB? If you can ssh into the box (you described it as an "Ubuntu box", after all), can you copy the file that way?
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Looking again on the site you linked. That "version" includes a torrent client to download content - that looks quite illegal itself - but the issue you have with that is, that it opens 200+ connections for your torrent downloads. This is not a kodi feature and therefore we don't know how to help you.

Please ask those that sold it to you.
They also add remote access clients, so ask them if they can have a look remotely.
I agree with fritsch, the torrent client is likely killing your connection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi causing internet to crash0