Solved Setting custom folder structure in Advancedsettings.xml
In the Advancedsettings.xml, how do I set it up to work with the folder structure:

G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 1 (Year)\movie.mkv
G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 1 (Year)\poster.jpg
G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 1 (Year)\wallpaper.jpg

G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 2 (Year)\movie.mkv
G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 2 (Year)\poster.jpg
G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 2 (Year)\wallpaper.jpg

G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 3 (Year)\movie.mkv
G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 3 (Year)\poster.jpg
G:\Movies\<Genre>\Movie Name 3 (Year)\wallpaper.jpg

Thanks!
Hello Azev920,

Could you provide details on what you are trying to achieve?

I ask this as there is no reason to make advancedsettings.xml entries for what you have shown.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hey there.

I have this movie collection in my HDD and I don't want Kodi to fetch online for the movies poster and wallpaper, I want it to use the local ones.
Hello?
By default Kodi looks in the movie directory first for artwork. If it finds nothing, it will then scrape from the online source. For local artwork to be found, it must be named correctly.

For some reason I have always had trouble getting Kodi to recognise the simple names... Poster, Thumb, Banner, Logo etc... Fanart seems to work fine though.

I have found that if it is named as follows it will always work...

F:\Movies\Armageddon (1998)
F:\Movies\Armageddon (1998)\Armageddon (1998).mkv
F:\Movies\Armageddon (1998)\Armageddon (1998)-fanart.jpg
F:\Movies\Armageddon (1998)\Armageddon (1998)-poster.jpg
F:\Movies\Armageddon (1998)\Armageddon (1998)-thumb.jpg

etc

This method has always worked for me.

Test it on one or two movies first, before you change your entire library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Years ago I tried xmbc and I gave it up because it didn't accept my directory structure.
I thought it have improved over the years... but for me stills the same... just the same.
Kodi cannot be customized thats why I won't use it.

I won't modify my whole collection directory strutcture just so Kodi can recognize it.

I'll be back in a couple years to see what is new with this program.

Thanks
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
(2017-05-27, 20:49)Azev920 Wrote: Years ago I tried xmbc and I gave it up because it didn't accept my directory structure.
I thought it have improved over the years... but for me stills the same... just the same.
Kodi cannot be customized thats why I won't use it.

I won't modify my whole collection directory strutcture just so Kodi can recognize it.

I'll be back in a couple years to see what is new with this program.

Thanks

If you think Kodi will reinvent the wheel to match YOUR specific folder structure, you might have to wait more years you might expect.

Kodi has a pretty clear way how the files should be named and how the folder structure should look like:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
http://kodi.wiki/view/naming_video_files/TV_shows

Read it and try to understand it. IF you don't understand some things, feel free to ask specific questions. But don't expect that Kodi will change things for a need of a single user.
Kodi already recognises this folder structure and naming convention. Just check the boxes for "each movie is in a folder with its name" and "scan recursively" when you set the content when allocating content source type as Movie.
As long as the nfo files have the correct genre folder tagged, it will work seamlessly. If the genre are not already set, I would recommend using tinymediamanager to easily bulk edit the correct genre tags to the existing nfo files, since it allows you to select movies by data source -- each genre folder being a unique source.

And if you are paranoid about Kodi changing your info (I certainly was until Helix since it's about as subtle as a wrecking ball playing miniature golf about overwriting information, without any built-in tools to simply correct errors), set the scraper to Local Info Files only.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting custom folder structure in Advancedsettings.xml0