Req Possibility of Kodi 16.2?
Question 
Hello everyone. I have an Android TV box which is already a bit old, since it has version 4.4.2. And officially does not support Kodi 17. I know there are unofficial ways to install it, however it does not work properly due to hardware limitations. Following the recent problem of the subtitle exploit I think it would be convenient to make a patch for Jarvis, since possibly many others are in the same situation. Thanks in advance.

Greetings.
No. v16 development is dead.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Google search FTMC, he patched it for Jarvis.
Unofficial Kodi Krypton on Android 4.4.2, follow this link:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2582708

I did not know FTMC. I think I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the answers.
Or try SPMC.
Spmc hasn't bee. Updated since March. You guys crying about security update for Android 4.x devices that are 3 years old.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-05-27, 01:28)bry Wrote: Spmc hasn't bee. Updated since March. You guys crying about security update for Android 4.x devices that are 3 years old.

As one of the people that is caught by this, I say yes, I will ask about a security path for software that runs on my phone, since the newer release of the software won't run on it. Other than Kodi, all other software on my phone works and is patched, I don't buy a new car every year, why should I update my phone, if it works and still does what I need it to do. Heck, even Microsoft issued a patch for XP due to Wannacrypt, and look how old THAT is, so why not Kodi?
The point is that as you're stuck on Android 4.x then it's likely you're not getting any regular Android OS updates thus you are far more vulnerable to attacks that have nothing to with Kodi as you're missing any Android OS security fixes, so Kodi security problems should be the least if your worries.
(2017-05-27, 19:23)jjd-uk Wrote: The point is that as you're stuck on Android 4.x then it's likely you're not getting any regular Android OS updates thus you are far more vulnerable to attacks that have nothing to with Kodi as you're missing any Android OS security fixes, so Kodi security problems should be the least if your worries.

Considering the kernel in my phone has not been updated since Sept 2015, I would agree that you do have a point there. Sad
(2017-05-27, 19:39)Total2Blue Wrote:
(2017-05-27, 19:23)jjd-uk Wrote: The point is that as you're stuck on Android 4.x then it's likely you're not getting any regular Android OS updates thus you are far more vulnerable to attacks that have nothing to with Kodi as you're missing any Android OS security fixes, so Kodi security problems should be the least if your worries.

Considering the kernel in my phone has not been updated since Sept 2015, I would agree that you do have a point there. Sad
That was exactly my point. Thank you @Koying
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-05-27, 19:39)Total2Blue Wrote:

the kernel is the lesser issue, it's all of android. There have been numerous severe security issues since 4.x was updated the last time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possibility of Kodi 16.2?0