Tv Guide not closing after channel selection
(2017-05-30, 12:01)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-05-30, 12:00)sab28 Wrote: ok going back to the original question. can anyone replicate or has seen this issue? thanks

See my last post. Adjusting the setting should help.
Maybe you can clear this up, as I seem to be missing something... What difference should 'Start playback minimized' make if you're starting from the guide window?
I can't see any difference whether it's checked or unchecked, and I can't even guess what 'starting minimized' is supposed to mean on that screen. Huh
'Start playback minimized' wording is a bit misleading. It comes from good old Confluence days with the channel window having the channel video window on the right.

What the setting technically does is switching to fullscreen video for playing or staying in window mode. In the latter case, for other windows than Confluence channel window, the video will play behind the current window.

I thought that turning this setting off would also switch to fullscreen window when tuning a channel from the guide window.

OTOH, I discovered several bugs and inconsistencies in this area and fixed a bunch of it for Kodi Leia. I also renamed the setting to something (imo) more meaningful for Leia. If you have the chance to test a Kodi Leia nightly build and report back on the behavior, this would be appreciated.
Still using 'good old Confluence' here (actually xonfluence, but the pvr setup is pretty much identical) - but I'll give a nightly a try with the default.
Sab28 did you find a solution?
I have exactly the same problem but our only common denominator is Kodi.
Win 10, nextpvr, titan skin. Doesn't occur on my libreelec box.
Toggling the 'start playback minimised' button does not appear to do anything, certainly does not solve the issue.
sorry been off line for awhile. it is fixed in Kodi Leia. thanks ksooo. question: ksooo any chance it can be backported fixed for v17?
(2017-09-05, 12:51)sab28 Wrote: sorry been off line for awhile. it is fixed in Kodi Leia. thanks ksooo. question: ksooo any chance it can be backported fixed for v17?

Sorry, no chance for a v17 backport as far to many code changes would be necessary.
hi ksooo, thanks for the info. and for the fixes in 18. appreciate it.
Just found this (older) thread as I'm also seeing this problem. Just a hint: As a workaround just use the context menu and then press ok. This will give the desired behavior with the same amount of button presses.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv Guide not closing after channel selection0