Kodi 17.3 fails to launch after splash screen tube tv
I resolved issues with fire stick by doing factory restore. All programs were removed except the ones that came with new Amazon Firestick. I then installed Downloader from Amazon and used it to go to http://kodi.tv/downloads where I downloaded Kodi 17.3 Krypton (dated May 25 2017).

Kodi 17.3 Krypton splash screen opens, identifies itself and says preparing to run for first time then goes to black screen and crashes on 65 inch Mitsubishi tube type HDTV. No Joy! No addons have been installed.
It will run on flatscreen HDTV. This is a new clean install with no installation errors.

Why isn't Kodi 17.3 Krypton compatible with tube type TV
Previously, Kodi 16.1 Jarvis worked good on 65 inch Mitsubishi tube type HDTV.
Recovered thread
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Did you first set up on the flat screen? Kodi is probably stuck on a resolution or refresh rate that the tube tv can't work with. Alternatively edid isn't working properly.

You could delete guisettings.xml but that will reset all settings. Alternatively you could edit that file to set the resolution to something you know will work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.3 fails to launch after splash screen tube tv0