Kodi 17.1 will not start on Macbook Pro 2011 using 10.11.6
I do the installation according to the instructions but after checking the library and such it seem it has not been installed as there are no references to kodi or anything like it. Icon is in the applications folder double click on it the bar changes for half a second then finder is back. As best as I can tell Kodi does not work on el Capitan (I know it does, just not for me) so what am I doing wrong?
I need the crash reporter and the debug log (wiki) - post both via pastebin.com please
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
There is no crash report to send to you on pastebin I thing your making the assumption that the gui for kodi comes up, again if you start from finder kodi flashes for half a second then goes back to finder. going into crash reports in the library section there is no mention of kodi anywhere. That's the trouble, your asking for things that don't exist. Debug log is asking for xml files I don't know where advancedsettings.xml is located until you can tell me exactly where this is located in the program your not going to get it
The only person making assumptions is you.

Please read the instructions for the Debug Log carefully. Use the Advanced method. Once you follow its instructions, you will soon realise that it is possible to provide the requested information
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm afraid another assumption is being made so we'll go by the numbers. Where are the gui settings that is refered to in the instruction 1.1 is this in the Kodi program or Mac settings. Also I have been able to get into the program and poke around. I says the last time I opened Kodi was on the 24th of this month however when I go to the applications section it says Kodi was last opened was today at 0707 EDT. I have uninstalled the program on the 25th and reinstalled it on the 28th but it still refers to the program being opened last on the 24th in the program its self. Will the info.plist help you at all
If your talking the kodi gui the kodi gui never comes on that why the 1.1 isn't possible.
Had a friend come by and found the problem. He told me you two guys can go back to Call of Duty whatever that means.
Seriously? Great - your welcome...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 will not start on Macbook Pro 2011 using 10.11.60