[split] Kodi DVB-T2HD HEVC 5.1 Sound is stuttering
Hi,

I seem to be having a similar problem. The sound stutters only when I play recordings of one particular channel (Arte HD), live TV is fine. That channel apparently broadcasts 5.1 sound.

Here is a session log where I start Kodi and then start playback of a short recording with the problem:

http://sprunge.us/TNhJ

This is using LibreELEC on an ODROID C2 that streams the recordings and live TV from a Raspi with Raspbian and TVHeadend. I also tried sharing the recordings folder via SMB to see if it is somehow related to the communication between Kodi and TVHeadend particularly, to no avail. The recordings themselve seem to be ok, when I download them to my computer they play fine in VLC.

Mirko
(2017-05-30, 01:33)m1rk0 Wrote: Hi,

I seem to be having a similar problem. The sound stutters only when I play recordings of one particular channel (Arte HD), live TV is fine. That channel apparently broadcasts 5.1 sound.

Here is a session log where I start Kodi and then start playback of a short recording with the problem:

http://sprunge.us/TNhJ

This is using LibreELEC on an ODROID C2 that streams the recordings and live TV from a Raspi with Raspbian and TVHeadend. I also tried sharing the recordings folder via SMB to see if it is somehow related to the communication between Kodi and TVHeadend particularly, to no avail. The recordings themselve seem to be ok, when I download them to my computer they play fine in VLC.

Mirko

Please don't highjack other people's thread. Your problem is completely different - heck, your channel is not even hevc, you don't run on windows. Your problem is AML only. Open your own thread, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thread split and moved to OS/Other section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm sorry for the post in the other thread, didn't notice the sub-forum the thread was in.

However, the channel IS hevc with AAC 5.1, here is what VLC tells me about the video and audio stream:

Code:
Stream 0
    Type: Video
    Original ID: 4385
    Codec: MPEG-H Part2/HEVC (H.265) (hevc)
    Resolution: 1920x1088
    Display resolution: 1920x1080
    Frame rate: 50
    Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV
Stream 1
    Type: Audio
    Original ID: 4386