Poster resolutions
In 720p, what is the resolution of the poster in on the Movie Info screen ?
What about the poster in PMIII's Media View ?

I'm thinking of writing a quick & dirty script to resize all .tbn file that are larger than they 'have to be' to speed things up a bit and I need these numbers.

Most of my posters now are around 420x622 pixels and ~ 80kb, and xbmc is struggling with them on the xbox. I'm hoping that maybe if I scale them all down to a height 512 pixels it would free up some resources. Ideally I don't want to sacrifice the quality of the poster but there's no point in having images that xbmc would have to dynamically resize anyway.

Thanks.
It just occured to me that I could just do a screen grab with gimp with XBMC for Linux. Looks like the poster is roughly 200x300 pixels.
default poster size on the xbox is 192 which means 192x192 pixels so a total of 36,865 pixels note that it dosn't actually store them in a square it will resize them until they fit the pixel limit (ie: any image with more than the total pixels aloud is resized until it hits the limit in its own aspect ratio)

On Linux the default size is now 512 so 512x512 which equals 262,144 pixels for each image
Thanks, Jezz. I actually went ahead with the 200x300 resolution I guestimated and resized the thumbs using this script on my Linux desktop:

Code:
for thumb in `find . -name *.tbn`; do
  new=`echo $thumb | sed 's/\.tbn/.jpg/'`;
  mv $thumb $new;
  mogrify -resize 200x300 $new && mv $new $thumb
done

mogrify is a utility that comes with the imagemagick suite of tools.

I kept the original thumbs for the Linux version and the smaller thumbs for the xbox. After ftp'ing the new thumbnails over to the xbox, the database is as quick as I remember it being ! Cool

I should probably post the snippet above to a howto somewhere; I'm just not sure where it belongs. It's a tool running on the Linux desktop I have XBMC compiled on, but it's only really useful for the regular xbox Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster resolutions0