ISO/IMG (DVD-Video images) and VIDEO_TS.IFO (VOB) support?
@JerkyChew: Please try to narrow down some of variables, and also post xbmc.log (from /var/tmp/) to Pastie.

@Husam Senussi: Exactly, no mixdown yet so multi-channel audio has to be sent via passthrough.

@maxrogers: Strange sound is probably due to no mix-down. Are you outputting digital/passthrough or analog. There's a donation button on the blog if you want to get us some beer Big Grin
Husam Senussi Wrote:I tried to play an ISO image with the latest version 0.1.3 it crashed after start playing.

Also was playing with strange sound.

I've got the same issues. Trying to launch the movie folder, the video_ts folder, or the .vob file just crashes XBMC. Sigh, need to wait for the next beta. =)
Hi There.

I'm on the 1.3.2 release om an MBP 2.4. When I try to open a .ISO on a SMB share nothing happens. No error msg, no hang, no movie.

/SG
Exclamation 
Quote:@maxrogers: Strange sound is probably due to no mix-down. Are you outputting digital/passthrough or analog.

I was set to digital/passthrough. I switched to analog and now I get the same "sped up/fast forward/no sound at all" thing that Husam Senussi mentioned above:
Quote:when I switched to analog I had nothing and was playing like I was using fast forward

Huh Elan, you are a genius...

Macbook Pro C2D / Leopard / OSXBMC 0.1.3 / ISO Files
Big Grin 
Thanks Elan!

With the latest build (0.1.4) audio plays for ISO files after I switched to analog! Big Grin
Glad to hear!
When I try to play an ISO/IMG file from a mounted SMB share within XBMC nothing happens at all, but if I mount the SMB share in OSX and then add it in XMBC it plays fine! Anyone else having this problem?
Question 
Evol, I just tested mounting iso files via SMB within OSXBMC itself and achieved the same results: Sad
  • ISO files don't even attempt to play/load when mounted via OSXBMC(SMB) but they will play/load great if mounted via OSX.

Here are a couple other things that I have also found:
  • For ISO movies that have menus, the menu works great (video and audio play at proper speed etc.) but as soon as you start to play the movie (by selecting it from the menu) the video looks like it is being fast forwarded and no audio plays!

• VOBS are also not playing correctly (via SMB mounted either in OSX or XBMC.) They do the same thing... Video plays like it is in fast forward and there is no audio!

Other than that ISO files loaded via OSX SMB work great (as long as they have no menu.)
Thanks again Elan and others for all your hard work on this project! Wink

Current Setup: OSXBMC 0.1.4/MBP/Leopard/SMB/analog audio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ISO/IMG (DVD-Video images) and VIDEO_TS.IFO (VOB) support?0