Request for help and Call to Arms: TV streaming on the Xbox threatened
Rainbow 
nickspoon Wrote:Each part is not in itself a video - it doesn't have the headers. MPlayer can't play any part except the first one, at least not as a normal video in a playlist.

Ah. I hadn't thought about that. I can see why it would be a problem...

Quote:It seems that play-while-downloading is the best (or even the only) way to do it.

Yep seems like it. I think we really do need some DEV's input one - I suppose we could always ask for help from the mPlayer folks as well maybe there's some little known feature of mPlayer that will help us (well we can hope).

Quote:Can a video item be a script with an argument? That might be a good way to incorporate it into a video plugin.

I don't know. I've got a funny feeling an audio one can be from some audioplugins I've seen in the past (which actually resolve the link after the item you choose to play) One that springs to mind where I think this happens is the BBC plugin by BigBilly - I remember the problem because I was pulling my hair out trying to do the downloading trick from filemanager and it wouldn't work. On examining the code I discovered that even if you whack it into a playlist the script seems to be called on to actually resolve the filename first - hence downloading won't work (I've always meant to try and resolve that problem...doubt I'll be able but I'll give it a bash)
Well, I gave it a try. Created a python script that started downloading and then after some time, I started playback of the file that was still being downloaded. But nothing happens.

XBMC log says it cannot access the file and thus cannot play it. So far for downloading and playing back at the same time.

Other idea's?
Look, this is the quicksilverscreenforum-thread where all working movie links are kept sticky ith the working urls. Maybe it would be helpful to grad the forum data - actually it would be a stable service with really superb divx-quality streams.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request for help and Call to Arms: TV streaming on the Xbox threatened2