Using the Harmony 880 with built-in IR port
Hi everyone,

I spent today getting my Harmony 880 working with my mini's built-in IR port using the multi-remote feature of Remote Buddy in order to really take control of XBMC on my mac.

I documented everything here:

http://funwithcomputers.wordpress.com/20...n-ir-port/

and thought I would share with the community. Hope this saves some of you some time.

Many thanks to the development team for putting out such a great piece of software!!
Thumbs Up 
Nice job! I will have to test this out! Big Grin
Thanks for the guide.

Does this work anymore with XBMC 0.1.5? I followed your directions, but it looks like Remote Buddy still thinks it owns my button presses and doesn't forward them down to XBMC. Any ideas?
I have to wonder if there are RC5 IR MAC keyboards and one could simply just teach the remote the keyboard command directly. Maybe this just sounds too simple and the keyboard would be dual direction IR or something to make it not work. I seem to remember teaching my old Windows system IR keyboard in to my Philips Pronto though.
thelaughingman Wrote:Thanks for the guide.

Does this work anymore with XBMC 0.1.5? I followed your directions, but it looks like Remote Buddy still thinks it owns my button presses and doesn't forward them down to XBMC. Any ideas?

This is most likely due to some global mappings you have set in Remote Buddy. You'll need to disable those that conflict. I've updated my blog with a note about this.
Thanks, I figured out the issue, I didn't assign the virtual remotes properly. Its all good now.
I, I would like to know if this will work with a Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote instead of a 880 (that I do not find in Belgium) ?

TIA, and thanks for the how-to !!
Hello,
This was a wonderful write up but I am having an issue that I hope someone can help with.

I am actually using it with a Phillips Pronto TSU 9200 remote but that shouldn't matter. I have followed all the instructions:

I copied the Remote Buddy behavior

I created the 8 logical remotes in Remote Buddy

I created a MyMac Device in the Pronto software with 48 buttons (6 buttons * 8 logical remotes)

I learned the buttons in the Pronto software for one remote

I incremented the Apple Remote's ID and repeated the learning 7 more times.

I mapped all the keys in Remote Buddy to the behaviors

I programmed all my Pronto buttons to the 48 learned codes.

The problem is that Remote Buddy is only using the 6 basic functions. For example, the "1" Pronto button is "-" on Logical Remote 7. If I press the 1, I get a Navigation Down, the default "-" behavior. The "Stop" Pronto button is the "-" on Logical Remote 2. Pressing Down, 1, or Stop all activate the down command.

Any thoughts on what I missed. I did disable the XBMC Apple remote in the settings thinking it was overriding Remote Buddy but that didn't change anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using the Harmony 880 with built-in IR port0