OS X Crashing at startup
Hi There,

I downloaded and have been using xbmc for a few weeks now. I'm using it on a macbook air with os mavericks. I've been able to use apple tv to mirror my display and put the sound through a bluetooth speaker at my tv. The other night, I was changing the screen view (with command F) because I couldn't see the mouse curser (I was initially using remote mouse from my iPhone but then switched it off as I still couldn't see the curser). At one point while doing this, xbmc closed unexpectedly. I tried re-opening and it closes before it even comes up with the main screen (I do see the xbmc at the top of the screen on the left). I've tried re-installing xbmc and also tried re-downloading and installing mavericks then re-installing xbmc but I'm not having any luck.

I'm fairly new to macbook as I have previously used laptops/pcs so have read through some of the other threads, I can't see anything that similar and my ability to fix it on a mac is low so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
http://pastebin.com/k7PjQ2X3

Here's the xbmc log - sorry for omitting it
Try this:

In the Finder where you see the "Go" menu at the top, select that and "Go to folder" and type in:

~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/

and drag out the "guisettings.xml" file.

Then see if XBMC opens. If it does, then we'll probably want to see what the guisettings.xml file says so that the devs can figure out why it prevented XBMC from being opened, so don't delete the file :)
Yeah it has opened up fine this time! Thanks so much for your help!

p.s. I've kept the file
Could you throw up the file somewhere, like Dropbox?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashing at startup0