'Green Tint' while video playback
I saw this post in over in the windows section but it didn't provide any help. I was wondering if there were any known ways to deal with this 'green tint' problem. Everything else works fine in XBMC and it's the best media center for linux I've seen so far. With the video playback not working correctly it kinda defeats my need for a media center.

Any ideas?
swatF1RESTORM Wrote:I saw this post in over in the windows section but it didn't provide any help. I was wondering if there were any known ways to deal with this 'green tint' problem. Everything else works fine in XBMC and it's the best media center for linux I've seen so far. With the video playback not working correctly it kinda defeats my need for a media center.

Any ideas?
I am gonna asume a thing here.
1 You have ATI

You could try to use the ati drivers that ubuntu have in there restricted-driver manager. Not use Envy that is. Some have reported elsewere in this forum that they get green video with envy drivers but not with Ubuntu's restricted drivers (They may be older? )
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
You were correct in thinking I had an ATI card. I did the following:

1) Went to System -> Restricted Driver Manager and installed the ATI restricted driver. Reboot.

2) Logged in and loaded up XBMC. Things were MUCH slower just navigating around the interface. I was able to view the video without the green tint however the video was not playing at full speed. Tried to exit XBMC and system locked up. Reboot.

3) Logged back in and went to remove the Restricted Driver (same path as step 1) and system locked up before finishing. Reboot.

4) Ubuntu now boots me to the initramfs prompt and I can no longer log in.

This isn't the first time I've seen the 'initramfs' prompt however usually the only way I can get past it (if you call it that) is to do a fresh install. Any ideas on how to get my system working again?
Well I'd suggest to either do a fresh install and try again with restricted manager drivers (and read through this: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30185 incase there is some info on your card.)

Or if you do not want to do a fresh install head to http://ubuntuforums.org/ where you'll probably get more info on linux questions.

Good luck
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Green Tint' while video playback0