Problems running fullscreen on display 2?
Here's my setup:

24" iMac 2.8ghz
DVI -> HDMI 42" Plasma 720p
Audio Optical Out

When I'm running fullscreen out to my plasma, XBMC is the only app I can actually do things in without crashing my iMac. For example, if I sit at my iMac and try to do anything else (browse the web, etc.) that takes focus away from XBMC, my iMac will stop accepting any input from either the keyboard or mouse. The mouse pointer still moves, but it just doesn't register. The amount of time it takes for this to happen also varies as well, sometimes within 5 seconds, but never longer than about a minute or so.

As a test, I also ran it in window mode and dragged it to my second display and it will run all day doing that. I also tried toggling the 'activate mouse' option, but still the same results either way. Also, it doesn't matter which type of media I'm playing, audio or video.

I can't post a log because one isn't created. XBMC doesn't register it as a crash since it will keep on playing like nothing is wrong. The only solution is to reboot by holding down the power button for 5 seconds. Anybody else experiencing this, or is it something unique with my setup?
Please post a bug to http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/ and we'll have a look at it.

Thanks,

-elan
elan,

I seemed to have fixed it. I had made a .profile to set the environment variables for full-screen. I deleted it, and now the problem is gone. I'm typing this now with XBMC running on my TV. I wouldn't have thought it would cause a problem like that...

Life is good Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems running fullscreen on display 2?0