1080/24p Disply Settings Thread
I fixed #2 issue below - still confused with #1.

I'm also totally messed up on how to feed a custom res to osxbmc?? Whenever I setup a custom res in switchresx, yes it shows up as a new selection in xbmc that was not there before. But if I select that custom res in Display settings, it screws up my display. I always have to delete those apple.windowserver files to bring my display back. If it screws up my display if selected, how would it work with xbmc if at all?? Also when I setup this 1920x108024P setup, xbmc shows a 1920x1080 option which was not there before - though when I select it and was watching a movie, it showed that my res was 1920x1080@60 - why would that not shown 24 instead??

Lastly, when I connect my macbook to my HD 5300es sony receiver, it instantly creates a new Dislay name (called Sony AVAMP) but maxes the res at 720P in the selection options. Anyone know why it would limit it - the receiver is a 1080P receiver? Anyone else connecting their macbook into HD stereo receiver and then to their HD tv - how did you resolve this issue?

Thanks
Tried to get 23.976 Hz and after some trial n error I got it. This works perfect for my Panasonic 42" PX80.
But unfortunately I cant enjoy it yet, when is the audio sync problem going to be fixed? Wink

If I remember correctly if the Framrate is any different in the file then they will drift out of sync... re-read this thread I know it's in there.
iordonez Wrote:If I remember correctly if the Framrate is any different in the file then they will drift out of sync... re-read this thread I know it's in there.

The framerate of my mkv-file and refreshrate is, as of yesterday Big Grin, identical. I thought there was a known problem with playing HD-content with synced Hz (23.976)??
Are there people out there that can play HD-movies with OSXBMC and output 23.976 Hz without any problems?
Do i have with this SwitchResX Settings no more black frame around my MacBook Screen?
The Sony (40V3000) shows me 1080p. But i have the black frame (5cm on each side) around the Window.
edit
Has anyone been able to play MKV-files with a 23.976 fps combined with a Hz of 23.976 on your mac (using osxbmc ofcourse) without any problems??
There are sync issues at the moment doing that.
OK, I'm a bit confused - why are people using SwitchResX when you can select 1920 x 1080 at 24 hz right there in Display Preferences? At least, you can on my 1.8ghz C2D Mini...

I've only tried one 1080p/24 .mkv file (Eragon) and it plays beautifully - I was surprised and pleased. Except of course for the audio being out of sync - which I guess is a bug? If I set the Mini to output 1920x1080 at 60hz that issue goes away and I can't really tell a difference. Of course, my projector (AX-200) is 720, but it accepts 1080/24 natively and does a fantastic job with them (or so all the reviews said it was difficult to distinguish it from a 1080p projector).

Another quick question: are you all switching your resolutions manually or am I missing something? Because if I leave the Mini outputting 1080/24 and play an SD DVD I get a lot of tracking jutter, I assume because it's upconverting like crazy. Although 1080p/60 does fine with SD as well.

Thoughts on these comments/questions?
Equusz Wrote:OK, I'm a bit confused - why are people using SwitchResX when you can select 1920 x 1080 at 24 hz right there in Display Preferences? At least, you can on my 1.8ghz C2D Mini...

I've only tried one 1080p/24 .mkv file (Eragon) and it plays beautifully - I was surprised and pleased. Except of course for the audio being out of sync - which I guess is a bug? If I set the Mini to output 1920x1080 at 60hz that issue goes away and I can't really tell a difference. Of course, my projector (AX-200) is 720, but it accepts 1080/24 natively and does a fantastic job with them (or so all the reviews said it was difficult to distinguish it from a 1080p projector).

Another quick question: are you all switching your resolutions manually or am I missing something? Because if I leave the Mini outputting 1080/24 and play an SD DVD I get a lot of tracking jutter, I assume because it's upconverting like crazy. Although 1080p/60 does fine with SD as well.

Thoughts on these comments/questions?

I can't select it in Display Preferences. I guess it has something to do with which refresh rates OS X detects from your display. Someone with more knowledge in this area could perhaps fill me in?
elan Wrote:There are sync issues at the moment doing that.

Thanks for the answer elan! Any idea when it will be fixed?
Absolutely awsome job you have done so far, thanks Smile
boinnk Wrote:I can't select it in Display Preferences. I guess it has something to do with which refresh rates OS X detects from your display. Someone with more knowledge in this area could perhaps fill me in?

Same here. I can only select interlaced resolutions, no 720p nor 1080p on a Pioneer 4280. Apple tells me to call Pioneer and Pioneer tells me to call AppleLaugh
Funnny thing: no problems with resolutions in VistaHuh
EDIT: i connected my mbp to a sony bravia and i could choose from all possible resolutions, included 720p. so i wonder why i can't on the pioneer.
zxr750 Wrote:EDIT: i connected my mbp to a sony bravia and i could choose from all possible resolutions, included 720p. so i wonder why i can't on the pioneer.

I have the exact same problem on my macbook pro late 2008 with a samsung 40a786. This has to be an Apple problem, because I'm getting reports that it works in Vista.
AppleTV/XBMC and Samsung 40A750 work for me at 1080p and any resolution I pick.
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080/24p Disply Settings Thread0