Default .wav to DVDPlayer ?
I have a lot of DTS Audio files in .wav format and they play fine using the DVDPlayer but it seems .wav file use PAPlayer by default. Is there a way to change .wav to default to DVDPlayer instead? I looked around but I don't see an option for setting file types...
cyantist Wrote:Is there a way to change .wav to default to DVDPlayer instead?
No, there is no such option in XBMC. But if there were it would only be a 'hackish' workaround, not a permanent solution, ...in fact a such workaround might cause a permanent solution to take longer be made just because a workaround exist, which would not be good.

PAPlayer for Mac OS X is still missing a few decoder codecs (that are available on XBMC for Xbox and Linux), and it is not only DTS that is missing, see: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Linux_port_p...priority_2
Quote:
  • AC3
  • ADPlug
  • DTS (DCA)
  • SHN
  • Monkey Audio (APE)
  • NSF (Nintendo Sound File) via NoseFart
  • PCM and WAV
  • WavePack
  • WMA
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This would be a great project for a beginner looking to get started. Building the shared libraries on OS X should be very easy given the XBMC-sources and MacPorts. The dylibs can be renamed to XXX-osx.so and they'll load and work perfectly.

-elan
I tried copying over the DTS library from DVDPlayer, but no go. Elan, if you could give me some guidance, I'd be happy to fix this issue. Perhaps it's just a naming issue?
This one needs a code change, and it looks like it expects libdca and not libdts. I'll look into this in the next release, or feel free to email me if you'd like to look into it yourself. It's not tricky but you do need to be comfortable building the source and coding in C++.

-elan
libdts is the old name for libdca (libdca has replaced the libdts name):
http://www.videolan.org/developers/libdca.html
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default .wav to DVDPlayer ?0