XBMC on eeePC, DLNA NAS Server, Android Remote Control: Questions
Hello,

I am searching currently for a solution to get this working:

I have a Synology NAS DS211j where my Music is stored.

On my eeePC running on Windows would be installed XBMC. This is primarily used for listening to the music from my NAS. The XBMC eeePC will be only the Player and I don't want to use it's keyboard or display to select the tracks I want to listen to. Also I want to listen to Internet Radio. This could be direct from XBMC or via DLNA from my NAS, where the internet radio stations are saved and published via DLNA.

My HTC Hero phone with Android or any other Android Tablet will be the remote control device. Because of there will be (after setting up XBMC) no Display, I should be able to control everything from my phone. Primarily it will be Music and internet Radio hosted by my NAS.

Is this possible? If not, I'll have to search for an alternative...

Thanks for your help.
Yeah it will work go into settings/network and enable allow XBMC to be controlled via UPnP.

How well the UPnP/DLNA DMC (digital media controller) works depends on the software some are better than others. Plugplayer is available for Android and works with XBMC as the controller & the Synology DLNA server.
Great, many thanks. So I will give it a try...

I think , XBMC is little oversized for my purposes, bit currently the only chance doing what I want.

I rather prefer a tablet as Media renderer... but I have not get it working with any Software on my Archos 7 HT V2 tablet... So I'll check out XBMC.

Thanks a lot!
I did test with iOS Plugplayer not the Android build but they should be the same.

Go to the devices tab in Plugplayer and set the media renderer to XBMC and the media server as Diskstation and your good to go after that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on eeePC, DLNA NAS Server, Android Remote Control: Questions0