Web Interface
Has anyone been able to get the web interface to work? This is a great option to use to remote control audio from another room. This works on my Xbox but not from my MAC.

Thanks..
Have you tried setting the webserver port to something higher than 1024?
I was just using the standard port.
I can't get it to work either. I can connect to the GoAhead server, it asks me for my login and password (which I set up in XBMC settings), and when i log in I get an ASP error (in both Firefox and IE):

ASP Error: Undefined procedure isset At line 1, line => if (isset("Action")

if (isset("Action")) {
if (Action == "UnqueMusicplaylist") {
var ItemCount;
var z;
ItemCount = xbmcCommand("catalog","items");
for (z = 0; z < ItemCount; z = z + 1) {
// dirty workaround, cause unque, + z won't work
xbmcCommand("navigate", Action);
xbmcCommand("catalog","unque");
}
Action = "musicplaylist";
}
xbmcCommand("navigate", Action);
}

if (isset("command")) {
// execute a few commands before listing the contents
if (command == "select") {
xbmcCommand("catalog", "select," + item);
} else if (command == "unque") {
xbmcCommand("catalog", "unque," + item);
}
}

var navigatorstate;
var BannerClass;
var InfoClass;
var BackgroundClass;
var ItemFileClass;
navigato
Some good man/woman opened a ticket for it!

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/ticket/133

Keep an eye there for more info.
I'm getting the same error on the SVN15658 of xbmc for linux. Was this ever resolved?
You need to use a port > 1024. OSX won't let non-root users listen on ports lower than that.
Well running the XBMC_for_Mac-Atlantis-Beta_1 on Darwin localhost 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Wed Sep 3 11:29:43 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.7.58~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 (OSX Leopard 10.5.5), with web server set to 8888 and authentication turned off, I get a redirect from the root page (http://localhost:8888) to http://localhost:8888/default.asp, that returns the following:

Access Error: Site or Page Not Found

Cannot open URL

And I did check to make sure 8888 was free before binding the web service to it.
Oops, and I was using the PM3.HD skin if that makes a difference...
You'll need to download a web "skin" for the web server to work. Try this one. Unzip it into /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/web.
Once unzipped, you should see default.asp and a style directory under the web directory. If not, move them there and you should be good to go.

We'll bundle a few in the next release.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Yup, that fixed it! Thank you! I'm an idiot!

Also, I just want to take a moment and tell you guys how impressed with your project I am. I've been using open source software since Linux .99, and I have to say yours is the most polished project I've ever encountered.

It's beautiful, amazing, and it just works! And it's only a beta! (Well for the Mac at least).

I really think this is the killer app for using a mini as an HTPC. It's certainly what I've been looking for to replace Front Row (which sucks on OSX before Leopard).

Keep up the excellent work! I'm going to the donation page write after I finish writing this!
Web Interface work like charm on my atv, this will soon replace my front row as my start up application.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Interface0