How to play 1080i Sources
I have a 15Gb HDTV 1080i Rip, which I would like to play on osxbmc.

When I play the file on the macbook's screen it displays fine, but when I play it via DVI-HDMI to Bravia x3000 24p, it plays at half frame rate with the interlacing obviously showing.

Will I have to set up a separate monitor profile (using switchresX) to play the file?

If so, will it ever be possible in future releases for osxbmc to change the way the mac outputs to external screens depending on the source file? Or to link it to different display settings? It seems quite an awkward process having to switch monitor output settings for each media file.
reggieBannister Wrote:will it ever be possible in future releases for osxbmc to change the way the mac outputs to external screens depending on the source file? Or to link it to different display settings? It seems quite an awkward process having to switch monitor output settings for each media file.

For now I recommend staying away from 24p display refresh rates, due to known problems. In the future, we'll definitely support an auto-selection of the best rate based on the source.

-elan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to play 1080i Sources0