Vintage Theme from Meedio
Ok I see what you guys are talking about now.

Something like that was discussed at one point a while back, as a solutino to those having TONS of shows/movies.

However the answer that was implemented was the Filter and Search features we have rather than a simple alphabetical jump. It was deemed more advanced this way Smile
ooops i guess i should have been more clear Blush I called it "alpha" because that is what it is called on skin. I am assuming it is just short for alphabetical because instead of scrolling through 500+ movies you can pick which letter the movie is in and jump to it. I thought about this a couple times before. Would be great on linux/windows/xbox with a keyboard to just hit a letter and it would jump to that section when sorted by name. Or have a little dropdown or scroll bar like shown there to pick the letter.

@Jezz_X
Do you mean setup for the skinner or for the end user?
Damn, no edit button. You beat me to it Wink
I must have missed the discussion about alphabetical jump/search. I see what you mean though. I guess the current search/filter is much more advanced. No sense in having both.
yeah I mean end user look at all the instructions in the link in the first post
Thats more a consequence of the platform though Smile

Parts of this skin have me really intrigued though, and with the original creators permission I think I might play around with some of it in XBMC.
Yeah, Meedio is extremely powerful and flexible, but the setup isn't all that friendly. The backend has some configuration options that need to be set properly for the alpha browsing and things like that to work. Those of us that have used Meedio are used to it. You do it once and you're done with it. Smile

I don't think alpha browsing (browsing by first letter) is as useful in XBMC, since you can use the analog trigger controls to jump through lists at varying speeds. However, as the linux, windows, mac, Timex watch, etc ports pick up steam, you might find that people really like browsing that way. It's really a personal preference for each end user plus a programming issue in the software.

Sorry I grabbed the wrong screen, crni. It was from your first post in your theme thread. Also, for the backgrounds changing as you're browsing the series list, MP does this as well in the My-TVSeries module. As long as you have a delay on the art being displayed, it looks incredible. Smile
Jezz_X Wrote:SURE its a nice looking skin but OMG check out the setup required to get it working :\

It sounds more complicated then it is... also that is not skin related setup.
Although I wrote those instructions for Vintage they would work out of the box with just about any theme and most of that is later used in meedio getting started guide :
http://www.meedios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2249

I guess I just had some spare time Laugh
agathorn Wrote:Thats more a consequence of the platform though Smile

Parts of this skin have me really intrigued though, and with the original creators permission I think I might play around with some of it in XBMC.

You still got another skin to finish first Rolleyes
I would love to see this skin in xbmc, but in light blue on black.
Jezz_X Wrote:You still got another skin to finish first Rolleyes

Yeah listen to Jezz_x. I don't want to have to fight you over who gets steal..errr... i mean borrow from this skin Wink
I REALLY like the icons that specify quality of the film (1080p, dts 5.1) as well as the MPAA's Rated R logo in the V for Vendetta movie info. Small touches that go a long way Smile
NotShorty Wrote:I REALLY like the icons that specify quality of the film (1080p, dts 5.1) as well as the MPAA's Rated R logo in the V for Vendetta movie info. Small touches that go a long way Smile
tnx, I must say I spent lots of time on those small touches Nerd
Image Image
szsori Wrote:I'd love to see aspects of Meedio's Vintage Theme, created by crn, ported to XBMC. The parts that are really eye-catching are the TV and Movie sections, which I've linked to below. Hope these catch some skinner's eye and get incorporated somehow. Smile

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8559/meetvqz9.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/476/emmqh2.jpg

Additionally, does XBMC detect and pass along encoding information about the file? Both Meedio and MP provide video resolution and audio encoding flags, so skinners can include 720p/1080p, Dolby Digital, etc logos in their skins. If XBMC doesn't, it'd be pretty sweet if it could. Smile

The creator of the skin has asked that it remain a Meedio only skin which was his intent. He has given permission to use it as inspiration, but a port is out of the question at this time.
Nice, the variety of colours are great. Would be excellent and definately help out skinners if your images were opensource but with that said, I totally agree if you decide not to.
crni Wrote:tnx, I must say I spent lots of time on those small touches Nerd
Image Image

i know exactly what you mean, it's funny how similar some of the ideas i've seen floating around are... your all white icons and your selection highlights are very similar to the ideas i have in mind Wink.

i really like your layout alot Wink keepat it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vintage Theme from Meedio0