More Comfort with Playlists
I'am using Dharma 10.10 PVR-Testing to replace most of my "useless" additional devices. Radio, TV etc. My TV is degraded to a simple XBMC-Monitor :p. Listening radio, watching tv, all handled by my HTPC.

I suffer two convenience problems:
  • There are some RadioStations who "broadcast" only by IP-Streams and others only deliver DVB-(C/T/S)-Signals. Some support both, but support the last one with a extrem high quality. Currently i'am forced to leave the LiveTV menu enter the Music-Menu -> Playlist-> Radioplaylist and vice versa to switch between such channels. Additional i takes very long to open a playlist with 12 entries, cause XBMC tries to gather Media-informations.

A convenienced way to create a "menu" (maybe playlist) who can mix variables sources without "parsing" the information behind that would be nice. For example a XML-Representation of a bunch of ListItems who are simple deserialized ore something like that.
  • The second "Problem" is my remote. I'am using a programmable one with a additional display. (Harmony One) They has the ability to manage channels. Depending on the setup the remote sends a ir-command followed by the channel number trailed by one more ir-command. The both commands are optional and choosable. But the problem is XBMC doesn't support a way to directly jump to a number. As writen above, i manage my Stream-Radios by a playlist of 12 entries. All i want to do is: send "Number1 - Number1 - Select" to play the 11 RadioChannel. A more convenienced way would be a "jump"-Window. By opening a small "Numeric-Window" (like the on-screen-keyboard) to enter a number and simply jump to the item with the given number and play it.

greetings
Raptor 2101

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More Comfort with Playlists0