• 3(current)
[REQUEST] SABnzbd+ Controller (NBZ) Python Script for XBMC?
a7n9 Wrote:Can a run-time nzb player script be developed, such as Graboid or NZBPlayer, which lets users play files without downloading them completely? That would be really cool.

When/if sabnzbd supports streaming it will be incorporated into this script. I've already had some success with it, just I don't think xbmc supports playing .rar files by webui commands.
sw1tch Wrote:I don't think xbmc supports playing .rar files by webui commands.

Hell, I can't even get xbmc to play an mkv file that is inside of a RAR archive for more than a few seconds... does that work for anyone else?

I'm running Atl Beta2 on a mythbuntu 8.04 box
New version!

IMDB and poster fetching will only work for newzbin feeds. Many thanks goes to Nuka1195 for his python IMDB scraper adapted from the xbmc scrapper regular expressions.

Quote:SABnzbd Plugin
v1.4

Instructions:
================
1) Extract to XBMC\plugins\Video such as C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\Video
2) Open the plugin, and right click/info button on one of the items, choose "Plugin Settings"
3) Enter your sabnzbd host+ip
4) If you want imdb info+posters enable them
5) If you want any extra RSS feeds, open settings.py and add any extra RSS feeds to the dictionary (note these will be replaced when upgrading versions, so make a copy)

*note for the RSS feed to work, it requires the link to point directly to an nzb file, with no user/pass needed
Supported sites can be found here: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1339.0

Changelog
================
-Added posters and movie information from IMDB for newzbin feeds (off by default)
-Moved settings from settings.py to "Plugin Settings" (access via the right click menu)
-Added more default RSS feeds (tvbinz and nzbindex.nl need sabnzbd 0.4.5)
-Added configurable caching of RSS feeds and imdb information
-Added icon for newzbin feed
-Improved default download icon
Download: SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.4.zip
wow this is awesome one thing that i cant figure out is how to tell what is what for example i might want a HD rip but i cant tell if its 720P 1080P or a DVD-r is there anyway to get info like that or even get the nfo for all the nzbs? oh and language how to i tell which language the file is ?
If anyone has a spare newzbin invite i could really use one, send me a PM for email.

Thanks
sw1tch,

Great work on this.

One request I have is to be able to specify per RSS feed that nzb directory where the nzb downloads to. That way sabnzbd will be able to automatically place the download in the correct directory when it is done processing it.

Example:

My nzb directory looks like:

eric@htpc:~/sabnzbd-xbmc/SABnzbd$ ls -al /home/eric/nzb
total 20
drwxrwxrwx 5 eric eric 4096 2008-10-31 13:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 86 eric eric 4096 2008-10-24 23:59 ..
drwxrwxrwx 2 eric eric 4096 2008-11-08 04:50 Movies
drwxrwxrwx 2 eric eric 4096 2008-09-30 09:17 Music
drwxrwxrwx 2 eric eric 4096 2008-10-26 20:50 TV

If an NZB file is placed in the Movies directory, the resulting movie is thus placed in:

/opt/Movies

So, it would be nice if each RSS feed that we define in the settings.py also took a location where the .nzb file is dropped into.

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I had to go back to 1.3.1. 1.4 is causing XBMC to core dump.

Hard to debug as the backtrace doesn't show much from a perspective of where we were in the py files. It only shows default.py.

Anyhow, the core dump happens when I select one of my custom feeds.

The last thing in xbmc.log before the crash is:

13:40:34 T:2897202064 M:116916224 NOTICE:
13:40:34 T:3053483904 M:116916224 WARNING: GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 0
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:112390144 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:112390144 NOTICE:
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:112390144 NOTICE: arguments:['1', '?rss_url="""http://www.nzbs.org/rss.php?catid=10&i=11550&commentedout!?!Browse Music (Videos)!?!""",cookie="""""",old_handle="1"']
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:112390144 NOTICE:
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:111247360 NOTICE: Feed cache old or non existant, using fresh feed
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:111247360 NOTICE:
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:111247360 NOTICE: sabnzbd-xbmc parsing: http://www.nzbs.org/rss.php?catid=10&i=1...mmentedout
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:111247360 NOTICE: sabnzbd-xbmc parsing uri
13:40:37 T:2897202064 M:111247360 NOTICE: feedparser looking for cookie

Not sure that helps or not.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For the first issue, there is a bug with sending the correct newzbin category in this script if you are using the latest version of sabnzbd. Once the correct category is defined, sabnzbd should place it in the right folder. If you aren't using newzbin this won't work. I'll add a toggle that will prompt for the desired sabnzbd category before the nzb is downloaded.

For the second issue, I think you are experiencing what another person on linux had, it doesn't seem to like using the module cPickle. Not sure if this is an xbmc bug or what, but i'll change the caching to cache the raw RSS feed and not the parsed version.

Will put a new version out tomorrow with these fixes. And hopefully clean up the code a bit.
Ya, I saw the post on the sabnzbd forums and it looked the same...

As for the first issue, it would be nice to predefine the locations along with the RSS feed inside the settings.py. I don't use newzbin, so it isn't that.

A popup is nice, but it would be even nicer without any intervention.

Thanks for your work Smile

I would just like to say thanks for this awesome plugin, this is really exactly what I've been looking for.

I do have one question though, i don't have an account at newsbins so all those extra features are useless to me right now, i mainly use nzbmatrix for my NZB's and i was wondering if that site will ever get implemented?
Is there a build of SABnzbd+ for the Xbox ?
bnaert Wrote:I would just like to say thanks for this awesome plugin, this is really exactly what I've been looking for.

I do have one question though, i don't have an account at newsbins so all those extra features are useless to me right now, i mainly use nzbmatrix for my NZB's and i was wondering if that site will ever get implemented?

NZBmatrix has RSS feeds, but they are kind of limited, and I have yet to try them out myself, simply because of the fact they are so limited (they will only show the last 15 nzbs uploaded for any given category)

here is the RSS info for nzbmatrix:
http://nzbmatrix.com/rssinfo.php

If you would like more of a full featured nzb site you should check my post from the last page where I tell about using nzbs.org instead of newzbin.

BTW I still would like an invite if anyone could spare one.
crackerbox Wrote:NZBmatrix has RSS feeds, but they are kind of limited, and I have yet to try them out myself, simply because of the fact they are so limited (they will only show the last 15 nzbs uploaded for any given category)

here is the RSS info for nzbmatrix:
http://nzbmatrix.com/rssinfo.php

If you would like more of a full featured nzb site you should check my post from the last page where I tell about using nzbs.org instead of newzbin.

BTW I still would like an invite if anyone could spare one.

Thanks for the info, i'll check it out, it seems like the default RSS feeds that the plugin comes with doesn't pick up most of the stuff i'm interested in, mainly 720p eps.
bnaert Wrote:Thanks for the info, i'll check it out, it seems like the default RSS feeds that the plugin comes with doesn't pick up most of the stuff i'm interested in, mainly 720p eps.

I'm with you on that one... the entire point of xbmc on linux or windows is HD content as far as i'm concerned.

my post on the nzbs.org has some really cool features:

1. its free
2. you can setup custom RSS Search feeds so on their site you could say you want to search for: "house.s05e", "dexter.s03e", "heroes.s03e"....
3. crap... got to go... more on this later
4. did i mention their site is free
mappyman Wrote:Is there a build of SABnzbd+ for the Xbox ?

No. While you could probably get the main program running with a little tinkering, unraring and par2 repairing would not function as they can't be compiled for the xbox (as far as I am aware).

bnaert Wrote:I do have one question though, i don't have an account at newsbins so all those extra features are useless to me right now, i mainly use nzbmatrix for my NZB's and i was wondering if that site will ever get implemented?

nzbmatrix requires authentication for fetching the nzb files. This won't be possible until it is added to sabnzbd. Once it has been added to sabnzbd (should be in 0.5) nzbmatrix will work.

===============

Got a new bug-fix version which should hopefully deal with everyone's category and sabnzbd queue concerns. Remember to backup your settings.py if you want to transfer your custom feeds over.

Image (Horizonz skin)

Quote:SABnzbd Plugin
v1.4.1

Instructions:
================
1) Extract to XBMC\plugins\Video such as C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\Video
2) Open the plugin, and right click/info button on one of the items, choose "Plugin Settings"
3) Enter your sabnzbd host+ip
4) If you want imdb info+posters enable them
5) If you want any extra RSS feeds, open settings.py and add any extra RSS feeds to the dictionary (note these will be replaced when upgrading versions, so make a copy)

*note for the RSS feed to work, it requires the link to point directly to an nzb file, with no user/pass needed
Supported sites can be found here: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1339.0

Changelog
================
-Major cleanup and re-write of code
-Set the skin's viewmode to "Movies" when list contains imdb info. Allows for nicer views in some skins.
-Fixed newzbin category not being set
-Allow the sabnzbd category to be specified per feed
-Setting to allow the sabnzbd category to be selected from a list
-Fixed passworded sabnzbd queues not opening
-Fixed caching time having no effect.
-Possible fix for crash on linux due to caching.
-Removed nzbsrus RSS feed until supported by sabnzbd.
Download: SABnzbd-XBMC-Plugin-1.4.1.zip
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] SABnzbd+ Controller (NBZ) Python Script for XBMC?1