Could THIS be done? Need an expertise..
i was thinking about a "checkout option"... i have posted this already in the feature suggestion forum but i think this might be done via python scripting.

i recieve huge collections of mp3 quite often and would like to check them out. in explorer i can select and delete them, but i cant listen to them.

i would like to enter a folder with lots of mp3s and listen to them. via a press on the remote i would like ...

1) to delete the currently playing one and proceed to the next

2) in addition it would be nice to start playing not at the beginning but lets say at 30% of the song so the intro is skipped

3) also very interesting: on keypress move the selected one to another folder.
maybe i can select the destination folder like the odd way in the explorer.
but having more than one targets, means "4"-button for one folder "5"-button for other folder would be damn cool.

one could sort ones music collection and delete unwanted tracks and sort them in different (subfolders)

currently i do this at the pc but it would be awefull great to do this via remote controll in the living room.

as i am just starting with python could anybody tell me what should be feasable and what not?

as far as i can see: script mapping to button is neccesary, copy/delete actions need to available and i have to store some data for a while (means subfolders name etc)

thanks in advance
don't expect to do this using python...
anyway i'm sure to do all this on a computer would be much more nicer and easier, xbmc is not a mp3 library manager.
i don't see any reason why this couldn't be done using python.

just create a script that lists mp3's in a particular directory and bind the keys to procedures that do what you want.

personally i would probably set up a type of dialog box so when you hit the select key on an mp3, it pops up the options to play, delete, move and whatever.
(dwe_3 @ may 02 2004,11:40 Wrote:i don't see any reason why this couldn't be done using python.

just create a script that lists mp3's in a particular directory and bind the keys to procedures that do what you want.

personally i would probably set up a type of dialog box so when you hit the select key on an mp3, it pops up the options to play, delete, move and whatever.
tell me how to solve this so:
2) in addition it would be nice to start playing not at the beginning but lets say at 30% of the song so the intro is skipped

i'm a python dev., and for now i know python xbmc cannot do that!
ok "2)" would be very nice. but nice-to-have.

could you give me a hint where to start learning what i need?
i am used to programing languages but not python.

ok python can list the mp3s. how do i learn on how to control xbmc (start stop forward)?
reading the xbmc python tutorial would be a good start i think. and for everything else http://www.python.org.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(alx5962 @ may 03 2004,00:42 Wrote:tell me how to solve this so:

i'm a python dev., and for now i know python xbmc cannot do that!
ok, i am not a python dev, but why limit yourself to xbmc.

off the top of my head:

open file
seek to about 30%
read file
write tempfile
play tempfile

do not know much at all about mp3's so you may have to write some header stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could THIS be done? Need an expertise..0