[LINUX] SDLMAME conflicts with XBMC?
Question 
So I've got a folder full of python scripts that start SDLMAME, each with a different game. Better still, the wireless receiver for my 360 pad works great in Gutsy and sits merrily alongside the usual IR remote.

However, while earlier efforts with the vastly inferior XMAME at least started up from XBMC, there's a conflict with SDLMAME that kills it straight off. The error message I get:

PHP Code:
X Error of failed requestGLXBadDrawable (GLX)
Major opcode of failed request144 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request(X_GLXMakeCurrent)
Serial number of failed request26
Current serial number in output stream

I assume this is some conflict between the two apps over fullscreen mode - it's not a problem windowed. Any likelihood of this problem being one day solvable?
If you're running SDLMAME in OpenGL mode, try running it in software rendring mode and see if that helps.

It could be related to the fact that we don't have a proper X11 error handler installed on startup and once SDLMAME takes over the fullscreen, XBMC's call to glxMakeCurrent fail with an uncaught error (X11 errors are reported back asynchronously).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Cheers for the response. I did try software rendering earlier to no avail, along with pretty much every other OGL option. As it stands, I just have to drop XBMC out of fullscreen to run the games and then restore it afterwards. I tried it on two Linux boxes, actually, both running Nvidia cards. One simply didn't do anything apart from spit that error onto the console, the other went to a black screen and stayed there until I pressed XBMC's fullscreen key, at which point MAME loaded. Upon exit, of course, XBMC had been minimised.
The problem seems to affect any OpenGL app that tries to "steal" fullscreen away from XBMC. I'd love to speculate on why this is but I don't have the first idea what I'm talking about.

Confused
Yup, it does sounds like an uncaught Xlib error. Will take a gander.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

I hate to bump almost as much as I love running emulators.

Any progress?
djh_ Wrote:I hate to bump almost as much as I love running emulators.

Any progress?

Could this be a sollution (option for xmame)Huh

Quote: -rid window, -root_window_id window
Create the xmame-window in an alternate root-window, mostly useful for frontends.

Could you please let me one of your python scripts? (i am trying also to enjoy xmame.sdl through xbmc).

I have no problem enabling fullscreen switch, but i get "little" window at upper-left corner, and the rest of the gnome screen keeps visible... I am trying to get the switches necessary to make the xmame fills up my screen (not only a corner).... the good news are i am currently using fullscreen, and when exiting xmame (pressing ESC or a button programmed by me), xbmc auto-expand again to fullscreen.

Thanks.
-rid appears to be non-valid for xmame.SDL...

And my problem is already there...

Quote:/usr/games/xmame.SDL /ALMACEN/VARIOS/xmame-roms/rygar.zip -ef 5 -rapidf -cheat -skip_gameinfo -nocursor -autodouble -joytype 5 -usbpspad -jdev /dev/input/js0 -fullscreen

Case 1: execute through shell at gnome session... xmame will take full screen and fills all my screen of course.

Case 2: execute through python at xbmc.... xmame will take pseudo-full screen and fills only upper-left corner... the rest of the screen will show gnome desktop and the windowed xbmc... when exiting xmame, xbmc will take again fullscreen.

I do not know what to do... do not have any idea, and the parameters for xmame are over for me..

Pffffffff. XD
Using SDLMAME rather than XMAME would be a good start. XMAME is shit in comparison.
Ok.. i will try... Could you please let me one of your python scripts?
Sorry to dredge this up again. Can we expect a fix for this anytime soon?
djh_ Wrote:Sorry to dredge this up again. Can we expect a fix for this anytime soon?

My guess is its really low on the things to do the main things on the list are to perfect media playback (as much as we can) and useablility and then after that third party things get added / looked into
Hello ppl!

Any news on this?? I managed to run SDLMAME in fullscreen with software rendering (on XBMCLive hd install). To do this, I've installed the needed dependencies from the ubuntu mirror, and set the FB in te kernel to vga=791.

Although the emulation is working, I have no audio on the HDMI output, and the video is really pixelized.

Cheers.-
LC
Hi
I think I have found a bit of a hack workaround for this.

Find yourself a short video clip, or make a one second clip with mencoder (e.g. mencoder inputfile -ovc copy -oac copy -endpos 1 -o outputfile).

Then make a small script as a wrapper around mame (this worked for xmame.SDL for me).

e.g.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

mplayer onesecondclip
xmame.SDL $@

Make this executable (chmod +x filename) and use it in your launcher config from XBMC.
The video pulls XBMC out of fullscreen and allows xmame to start (after the video) in fullscreen.

Working on Ubuntu 10.04

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] SDLMAME conflicts with XBMC?0