screen blanking
Exclamation 
Anyone been able to get this feature working?

Trying it on my iMac with full screen 1920 x 1080 and screen blanking enabled.

iMac however never blanks the screen. Something I am missing?
24" iMac aluminum(late 2007) 2.4GHz C2D 4GB RAM Radeon HD2600
Mac Mini(early 2008) 2.0GHz C2D 2GB RAM Intel GMA 950
Macbook (late 2007) 2.16Ghz C2D 4GB RAM Intel GMA 950
Screen blanking is intended to blank *other* screens. It sounds like what you're looking for is display sleeping, which is coming in the next version.

Please let me know if I'm misreading your report.

-elan
Perhaps I mis-read your post on the new feature list....

Quote: NEW: Monitor blanking is now supported. When selecting a full-screen mode, you have the option of telling XBMC to blank the other monitors. The preference is in Appearance -> Screen. I suspect Martin will be happy that he can stop throwing a sweater over his iMac, which sounded like a total fire hazard to me.

I took that to mean that the iMac monitor would be switched off when using it in fullscreen mode. IE: when watching a video on an external monitor, the iMac monitor would be shut off.

Why else would he need to put a sweater over it?
Yeah, the idea is when watching a video on one display, other displays are blanked (I'm not sure if they eventually power down). You should be able to test things with the "\" key to switch back and forth between full-screen and windowed modes. Try this with display blanking enabled and then disabled. If it doesn't work as advertised please file a detailed bug.

Thanks,

-elan
works for me...

but as i mentioned in the comments on your blog....we need a hotkey for this. too many times am i watching something on the external TV, and i realize i need to check a file / download / email on the imac. I dont want to exit fullscreen and piss of the viewers, and i dont want to stop the program. just an easy button to enable/disable the blanking so i can have quick access for a short moment, before i go on to eating popcorn in pleasure.

also..lol..i thought i was the only one with the fire hazard with sweaters over my imac.
Well not sure what the problem was earlier, but after a clean install the feature is working perfectly!
After a restart of osxbmc, it worked for me.
/Starg4ze

---

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen blanking0