Can't get it to work at all
I discovered OSXBMC yesterday and was very happy. I have a modded xbox running xbmc and have been quite happy. Recently, I've been using my Macbook Pro more and more for high def videos. I downloaded the latest version 0.4.5. When I drag the app to my applications folder, I open it and it crashes immediately on start.

I am running. a Macbook Pro
2 ghz intel core duo
1 gig of ram
os 10.5.2

below is the crash log

crash log
I would suggest you file a bug report (below) make sure to include good contact info, etc. and attach a copy of the crash log there.
I don't think i can submit a bug. Says I don't have the privileges
You have to register an account at the top of the trac page.
thanks i submitted it. Wonder if anyone else has had this issue
That's the infamous "CFLog to CFTimeZone" crash on SDL_OpenAudio. I've seen it before, but never gotten close to reproducing or understanding why it happens. I might recommend playing around with audio settings.

-elan
Thanks for the response. What should I change in my audio settings, as they are pretty basic?
gdphishman817 Wrote:Thanks for the response. What should I change in my audio settings, as they are pretty basic?

Before you play with any settings can you upload the following files to the bug report:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plst

I also have a MBP and would like to try and reproduce the crash by using the settings you have.
I attached them to ticket #174. Thanks for all the help. Hopefull I can get this running
Try throwing both these files away (keeping a backup first) and restarting... see if that helps.
no dice. This really sucks. I would love to get this working. I loaded on my girlfriend's macbook and it started up no problem. I wonder why it's giving my mbp such a hard time
Compare the sound settings, Audio Midi settings (in Utilities folder) and time zone settings between both your laptops?
The settings are all exactly the same
Sad 
I am having the same problem. XBMC crashes at startup witout fail. added my crash log to the end of ticket 174. Help please :confused2:
I'm willing to bet a re-install of OS X will fix the issue, I just don't know if either of you are up to the task :\ Can you guys include a copy of /var/tmp/xmc.log to the ticket also?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get it to work at all0