Normalize audio?
Hello, I don't know if I've missed that setting or if it isn't available.

What I'm looking for is something to normalize the audio like a couple of other media player can.

It's a pain some times when some scenes is very loud and other, like talking, is very low. Normalize the audio will fix this problem most of the time by leveling the audio.

I tried to edit the keymap file to bind volume up and down to my apple remote but couldn't get it to work at all but I guess this is something that'll be available with the next version and new remote code?

Is there a setting/feature for audio normalization in OSXBMC already?
If not, is this something planned for the future?
Dynamic Range Compression (or "Volume Amplification") on the video OSD does this on the xbox version. I'm not sure if the code is there in the *nix ports or not - the original code is in ASyncAudioRenderer.cpp and may not have been ported over to portaudio/alsa et al.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I don't think it is there at all... I somehow remember trying to amplify the volume and getting nothing from this.

OP feel free to open a bug ticket on the trac system.
I know there's a PCM amplifier class in use in the audio code, but I don't know if/when it's used or hooked up.

-elan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Normalize audio?0