Subtitle change in 0.4.5 ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
jeremymc7 Offline
Does anyone else had a subtitle change since switching to 0.4.5.

On both of my machines subtitles now both default to on for every movie. Previously I had to turn them off. If I overwrite and turn off, then apply to all movies, they still come back on for next movie.
  • Problem they are on by default.
  • Only manditory subtitles (english move when non-english speaking) should come on.
  • Shutting them off and applying to all, doesn't stick.
  • Clicking off subtitles sometimes hard crashes OSXBMC.
Anyone else having issue or similar?

Ticket filed and applied to:

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/ticket/177
find quote
iordonez Offline
Team Plex
Gonna need to start giving more information with your bug reports Wink First of all have you tried cleaning your XBMC installation (deleting ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC) and starting from scratch? Can you provide any logs (/var/tmp/xbmc.log) of when this happens? Crash logs when the application crashes? Steps to reproduce, including samples if it only happens with certain files.

I only say this because subs have stayed off for me ever since I turned them off the first time...
find quote
jeremymc7 Offline
iordonez Wrote:Gonna need to start giving more information with your bug reports Wink First of all have you tried cleaning your XBMC installation (deleting ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC) and starting from scratch? Can you provide any logs (/var/tmp/xbmc.log) of when this happens? Crash logs when the application crashes? Steps to reproduce, including samples if it only happens with certain files.

I only say this because subs have stayed off for me ever since I turned them off the first time...

Something else to work on. Wink I have added to the ticket.
find quote
iordonez Offline
Team Plex
Just want to double check, you dumped the setting and started fresh right? This feature has worked for me flawlessly so I'm worried it could just be a corrupt file..
find quote
jeremymc7 Offline
iordonez Wrote:Just want to double check, you dumped the setting and started fresh right? This feature has worked for me flawlessly so I'm worried it could just be a corrupt file..

Yes, wiped everything several times. And tried with various Video_TS files. Same thing each time. Happens on two different systems I have.
find quote
elupus Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
for dvd's it's an old known issue that hasn't been solved. for other video's it's a new issue.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

[Image: badge.gif]
find quote