Ir receiver with xbmc-linux.
First I would like to say well done to team-xbmc and all developers (accross all platforms) that have put in their time and effort into building what I think is the best media center out there.

I recently put together a media center pc built around a amd 5000+ to replace the aging original xbox and was wondering if a comprehensive guide to using a remote andr receiver with it exists.

I built an ir receiver and have a nice universal remote I want to use. Is lirc included with the svn pre- alpha build? or Do I figure out how to configure lirc first, separately, and it should work when I install xbmc. Thanks guy.

side note: I was told there is a way to disable the mouse cursor. For people using a remote currently how is it? Is it just as good (responsive) as using the game pad like on xbmc for the xbox?
you need to get it working in lirc first then edit the lircmap.xml file in userdata dir of xbmc for your remote
Wow, thanks for the superfast reply Jezz_x. I wasn't sure what order I would have to proceed in. Smile

Once I get this thing working I'll report back and maybe write up a small tutorial.
A tutorial would be wonderful. I'm still using a mouse and keyboard because I can't be arsed to figure out the hardware, lirc setup, remote setup, keymapping, etc. It's probably easy, but so far stuff like paying bills and cleaning the bathroom always seem to be more appealing.
aiken Wrote:A tutorial would be wonderful. I'm still using a mouse and keyboard because I can't be arsed to figure out the hardware, lirc setup, remote setup, keymapping, etc. It's probably easy, but so far stuff like paying bills and cleaning the bathroom always seem to be more appealing.

If you use the MCE remote install is as easy as plugging in the USB receiver and loading lirc from the package manager. It was as close to PnP as it gets, the remote worked fine in XBMC at that point. Link in my sig to the hardware, you can find it at ZipZoomFly cheap!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ir receiver with xbmc-linux.0