subtitle (idx + sub)
I have also problems displaying subtitles in sub+idx format. When I chose a language than the movie (.mkv) stops and goes back to the video menu. Is there a solution for this?
Confirmed the problem.

We currently don't scale any image based subs such as this one. All we do is attempt to place it where they want (which won't be correct due to the scaling) and if possible move it to fit in the frame as possible.

The reason is that we don't render the subs separately - they're rendered directly on to the video image, so we can't render outside the boundary.

There's 2 solutions:

1. Scale as we render to force the image in to the constraints of the video. This will be fine if and only if the original image was only scaled.
2. Render the subtitles separately to the video, whereby we can also render the subs outside the frame of the video (this will be fine for scaling and cropping of the original film).

I suggest searching trac to see if there's a similar ticket. I recall a patch that added scaling of vobsubs on there somewhere.

Cheers
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Atramhasis Wrote:I have also problems displaying subtitles in sub+idx format. When I chose a language than the movie (.mkv) stops and goes back to the video menu. Is there a solution for this?

I used to have problem when I used a bad mkvmerger... So instead now I use the mkvtoolnix from the homepage of Matroska. Worked like charm for me.

Anyway, wow... after a simple search in the trac, I found this...

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4478

I'll test it out. See what it can do. It was posted 7 weeks ago.

Looked like it haven't been added to SVN yet.

Edited::

Um, right. I need some "guide" to add those codes to XBMC, does that mean I'll have to recompile a new SVN for myself? If yes... then can someone please point me to the right direction for doing that. (Any guide, link.. whatever. Thank you!) --> Nevermind, I figured it out...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Appendix_F:_...ource_code
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28318

By the way, thanks for your reply! Smile
Wow, that was fast. When and how can we use it in xbmc?
Atramhasis Wrote:Wow, that was fast. When and how can we use it in xbmc?

The trac I was looking at is for scaling the sub+idx subtitles. As of now XBMC doesn't scale the subtitle, (look at first page of this thread to see what I mean) so this fix will help XBMC to scale the subtitle to correct size.

So, as for you this fix wouldn't really help you with your problem of crashing back to video menu. Did you try muxing your .mkv with toolnix like I told you to? Also, how did you get those sub+idx? VobSub ripper?

Anyway, I don't know when they'll introduce (or ever do that) the fix of scaling in the SVN, even though I'm willing to recompile the SVN for myself and upload it on mediafire for anyone to use! (Haven't recomplie it yet, but I will tonight and see if it work! Smile)

Edited::

I looked around in the trac system a little more and I figured it out that the fix wouldn't be in the SVN until Decemeber or much later in next year... I'm not sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
subtitle (idx + sub)0