Randomly play songs in a selected folder?
Question 
Is it possible to enable a random/shuffling feature on a folder in the "My music" library just as in the "My pictures" library?

I know I can create a playlist, but if I am more on the fly and want to quickly randomly play my songs in a selected folder.
not that I've seen... It might be cool to make a feature request to add a "shuffle" style button at the top of ever folder view (al la front row).
iordonez Wrote:not that I've seen... It might be cool to make a feature request to add a "shuffle" style button at the top of ever folder view (al la front row).

Yes, I'd definately use that function. Since it's available on "My pictures", I cannot see any reason why it wouldn't work on music as well.

Where do I make a feature request?
There is a "Shuffle" function, it is just not very prominent.
Play your folder and then go to the "Now Playing" window.

I for one think things should be different, but I did not get far with the dev(s) Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You can make feature requests where you make bug reports, link below.
You can also pop up the music OSD from the UI (start on xbox controller - maybe P or N on keyboard - can't recall offhand) and the shuffle button is on that.

Also, note that the shuffle button can be placed anywhere in the skin - it's a global function, just like any other music player.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Randomly play songs in a selected folder?0