Hold Play puts Mac to sleep in .5?
If you press the "Hold Play" "button" (button #11 on the Apple remote) while viewing a collection of movies you should get the Movie Information. However what happens is pressing the play button too long puts the Mac to sleep. When you then press a key it wakes up and you are at the info. Somehow XMBC's driver is not suspending the Apple Remote's put to sleep function. It worked properly the first time I used .5 . Perhaps editing the + button to increase the volume and - to decrease it had an adverse effect? Has anyone tried this? The ability to get movie info directly is really neat. You can still do it by holding the menu button long enough and then selecting "Movie Information" . However, the shortcut way is neater.

pmcd
Basically it's because the XBMC helper loses exclusive access to the Apple Remote. It seems like an OS X bug.

I've noticed it occurring but have been unable to reproduce it so as to be able to fix it or work around the problem. I suspect it might be related to a sleep wake cycle. Any more data would be much appreciated.

Also, you should be able to give the XBMC helper back exclusive access by toggling through the modes in the settings (i.e. disabling it and then re-enabling it).

Thanks,

-elan
I'm having all sorts of fun with it, if my ipod is plugged in the apple remote controls both the ipod and XBMC, sometimes if I hit the menu button I get XBMC and front row both starting up. With iTunes running the remote controls iTunes and XBMC. The reason I haven't said anything up to now is because of the "sometimes". I can't narrow it down as to why it's happening so saying anything is not really productive.
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
ChoccyHobNob Wrote:I'm having all sorts of fun with it, if my ipod is plugged in the apple remote controls both the ipod and XBMC, sometimes if I hit the menu button I get XBMC and front row both starting up. With iTunes running the remote controls iTunes and XBMC. The reason I haven't said anything up to now is because of the "sometimes". I can't narrow it down as to why it's happening so saying anything is not really productive.

I've had an issue with it launching Frontrow and XBMC as well. Doesn't happen often enough to figure out why.
I will say that in window mode XBMC seems to have mirrored control. IE Up/down will control menu in XBMC while changing volume in Leopard.

In fullscreen mode it seems to work right, at least most of the time.
elan Wrote:Basically it's because the XBMC helper loses exclusive access to the Apple Remote. It seems like an OS X bug.

I've noticed it occurring but have been unable to reproduce it so as to be able to fix it or work around the problem. I suspect it might be related to a sleep wake cycle. Any more data would be much appreciated.

Also, you should be able to give the XBMC helper back exclusive access by toggling through the modes in the settings (i.e. disabling it and then re-enabling it).

Thanks,

-elan

The toggling did not work. However, I upgraded to the latest beta (2) and the remote works perfectly in full screen. I haven't tried playing music yet, but getting movie info doesn't put the Mac to sleep. Really nice app...

pmcd
pmcd Wrote:The toggling did not work. However, I upgraded to the latest beta (2) and the remote works perfectly in full screen. I haven't tried playing music yet, but getting movie info doesn't put the Mac to sleep. Really nice app...

pmcd

I take it back. In fullscreen mode the Apple Remote is again putting the system to sleep when I hold the Play button. Odd, it worked great a few times.

pmcd
Make sure you're really in full screen.

If I select "1080P" my screen is filled (native 1920x1080 display) but I still have remote issues. If I select "1920x1080 (fullscrren)" which is what my desktop is set at then I have no problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hold Play puts Mac to sleep in .5?0