Freeze on FF/REW
Most of my content is primarily .mkv with h.264 and AC-3 or DTS audio. I have XBMC running with the xTV skin and most everything works perfectly.

However, if I use the media controller ("M") and select Forward or Rewind the video will freeze about 70% of the time. I presume this is related to scanning in h.264 video and would only be an annoyance, however when the video freezes and I am running full-screen the system becomes unavailable (i.e. no way to force quit XBMC). I can ssh in and see that the system is still running, but kill XXXX (XBMC process number) does nothing (ps shows XBMC still running) and I can't seem to recover without hard rebooting (power) the Mac.

Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve
I have the same issues with scanning on Video_TS files so your not alone.
supergimp Wrote:[ ]

I presume this is related to scanning in h.264 video and would only be an annoyance, however when the video freezes and I am running full-screen the system becomes unavailable (i.e. no way to force quit XBMC).

[ ]

Steve

I have the same problem with all kinds of media files (divx, etc...) but I have managed to quite XBMC without restarting. I don't have a consistent way of doing it since nothing works the first time.

This is with .5b2 . Odd things really happen with the remote. At times I have both Front Row and XBMC running (not by design).

pmcd
supergimp Wrote:Most of my content is primarily .mkv with h.264 and AC-3 or DTS audio. I have XBMC running with the xTV skin and most everything works perfectly.

However, if I use the media controller ("M") and select Forward or Rewind the video will freeze about 70% of the time. I presume this is related to scanning in h.264 video and would only be an annoyance, however when the video freezes and I am running full-screen the system becomes unavailable (i.e. no way to force quit XBMC). I can ssh in and see that the system is still running, but kill XXXX (XBMC process number) does nothing (ps shows XBMC still running) and I can't seem to recover without hard rebooting (power) the Mac.

Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

I have found that spaces still works when PLEX freeze. When spaces enabled you can easily switch to screen 2 and then use the 'Force stop' function from MAC OSX. This worked for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freeze on FF/REW0