• 100(current)
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
(2012-08-26, 16:20)legoman666 Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 01:47)TheMunch8 Wrote:
(2012-06-07, 02:02)legoman666 Wrote: The PPA's here have newer builds from as recent as 2 hours ago: https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewaldock

I would be careful with those nightly builds. Personally, I would wait for the monthly builds, rather than play around with nightly builds...

What PPA is still pushing monthly builds? The official PPA hasn't been updated since 3/23. Kind of annoying...

None. I am waiting...even though I would love to have the LibCEC Library functional within XBMC.
Where can I find a working PPA for nightly builds? Pulse eights PPA gives me an error when I want to install xbmc-live and so does nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-nightly.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Hi,

I wanted to try nightly build for xbmc in XBMCBuntu but i would take care of databases and binaries of actual XBMC.

Someone could help me in
all commands needed to preserve databases, binaries of actual XBMC in XBMCBuntu,
(i guess i could use commands in first post to add repository and install nightly build of XBMC-Frodo)
allcommands to revert to this preserved install if something goes wrong after installing a nightly ?

I will be really pleased if a could play some (ripped) blu-ray in DTS HD-MA Big Grin
Hi.

I just tried few latest nightlies for ubuntu from Nathan Rennie-Waldock repo. None of them seems to work at all.
I'm currently using the July 31 version, which is ok.
All current builds refuse to run with the following error:

symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: undefined symbol: _ZTIN6TagLib8IOStreamE

Doesn't matter if I install with apt-get install xbmc (latest nightly) or download any previous packages and install with dpkg -i

Fortunatelly I kept July 31 packages, which work without any problem.

I understand, nightlies are only for the brave...
But are they supossed not to run at all Huh

Im using the shared library with raspberry pi, and there are new better/faster releases for pi, and I can't use them,
because I'm stucked with July video database version :-(

(2012-10-18, 12:32)kefir135 Wrote: Hi.

I just tried few latest nightlies for ubuntu from Nathan Rennie-Waldock repo. None of them seems to work at all.
I'm currently using the July 31 version, which is ok.
All current builds refuse to run with the following error:

symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: undefined symbol: _ZTIN6TagLib8IOStreamE

Doesn't matter if I install with apt-get install xbmc (latest nightly) or download any previous packages and install with dpkg -i

Fortunatelly I kept July 31 packages, which work without any problem.

I understand, nightlies are only for the brave...
But are they supossed not to run at all Huh

Im using the shared library with raspberry pi, and there are new better/faster releases for pi, and I can't use them,
because I'm stucked with July video database version :-(

Hey.

I tried upgrading with Nathan-Rennie repo today (runnung xbmcbuntu) and it worked fine...

added repo
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install xbmc

It booted up to login screen though and gave me a PEH.py display error when i tried starting it via terminal.
Ran nvidia-xconfig and rebooted, selected XBMC and entered my password at the login screen, and it started fine.
After reboot it auto logins to XBMC just as before.

Build say 121015, so about 3 days old.
Sound quality is sooo much better with xbmc audioengine compared to alsa from the stable xbmcbuntu.
ynwa
that's why I decided to upgrade after a lot of worrying but I've had nothing but problems with previous audio. audioengine is THE SHIT! and nathan's builds work for me, even upgrading straight via SSH terminal did not break my previous installation. wonderful audio now no matter what the source is...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
(2012-10-20, 16:55)Hannes The Hun Wrote: that's why I decided to upgrade after a lot of worrying but I've had nothing but problems with previous audio. audioengine is THE SHIT! and nathan's builds work for me, even upgrading straight via SSH terminal did not break my previous installation. wonderful audio now no matter what the source is...

Ya, I had a lot of audio issues (via toslink to external dac) with stable build, even had to swtich to windoze for a while, just to get decent sound quality. But I prefer xbmcbuntu to windows any day, and after the new audioengine, then I hope it was the last I've seen of windows in my house.
With a decent sound system the difference is huge (I run 2.0 only), even though I ran alsa through the dac, it still was halfassed at best.
ynwa
Hi! Is there a way to compile the monthly build for xbmcbuntu, like the guide on page 1 tells us for the nightly (I suppose it does or is it already outdated?)? Because I'm desperate for Hi10 support, just don't know what to do it exactly. I don't even see any monthly builds on the download page, just osx and windows?
@gokudo

Yes main post is outdated (its too long to follow all random posts that offer alternatives/fixes), in fact this whole thread should be closed and updated with something other than, It's up to moderators or content people to update.

To "compile" follow my signature (compiling every night is not for faint of heart)!

If you want however a prebuilt ppa for monthly packages that you only install, try wsnipex ppa

uNi
(2012-10-23, 08:48)uNiversal Wrote: @gokudo

Yes main post is outdated (its too long to follow all random posts that offer alternatives/fixes), in fact this whole thread should be closed and updated with something other than, It's up to moderators or content people to update.

To "compile" follow my signature (compiling every night is not for faint of heart)!

If you want however a prebuilt ppa for monthly packages that you only install, try wsnipex ppa

uNi

The latter one, thanks! Big Grin

Would it be possible to put 12.0 back into the ppa?

I upgraded to 12.1 and now all my movies are displaying with about 1fps.

All other frames are dropped. I have no audio.

Or is there another way to downgrade to 12.0? the ubuntu ppa for 12.10 only contains 11.0 or a beta of frodo.
(2008-05-18, 16:50)wattazoum Wrote: First you need to understand how installing software on Ubuntu works, what is a software repository and how to add new software repositories to your system.

FYI, all these links are 404'ed.
Question 
Any news for Ubuntu Saucy Stable ppa?

Regards
(2013-11-01, 07:41)dr.dran Wrote: Any news for Ubuntu Saucy Stable ppa?

Regards

help testing: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176721
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)12