Extracting Subtitles Program + Showing Question
Hello all.

Can anyone suggest a program to extract subtitles from a DVD for the Mac?

A small number of my DVDs have two audio tracks, which I would like to support in the addition to subtitles when on the foreign language track.

Once I have the files extract, I want to make sure that I'm understanding how to get them to show. From reading, for broad support (such as with Front Row) I should have an external .srt file of the same name as the video file -- is this the preferred/only method, or embedded (e.g., .mkv files) more common?

Thanks for the info!
I haven't see any programs that do this for the mac... sorry.
What is available for other platforms?

I don't like firing up VMWare, but I can. Smile
I have not clue, do some searching on the internet I guess :\
I have tried searching the deep dark intarwebs. Posting on forums sometimes comes after that, or is born of confusion of what is found in the icky blackness of the many tubes. After trying to figure this all out with Handbrake and OSX XMBC I'm trying to...

1) Find a program to rip subtitles from a DVD, that is for OS X.

or

2) Find a Windows program that is known to work, since everyone out there that was found is horribly out of date.

If anyone could help point me towards an up to date app, it would be appreciated.
- If you are willing to load up windows, you can use DVD Shrink (usually in combination with ANYDVD) or DVD Decryptor (also usually in combination wtih ANYDVD). There are a lot of other programs to get the job done like Nero Recode 2, but the above is pretty straight forward.

Maxx
Are you ripping your DVDs to AVI format (or MP4 or whatever)?

You could try to download some pre-existing subs from the internet (SRT) and see if they work with your ripped movie...I use this site for movies I've downloaded, but maybe it will work for your ripped files too (make sure to rename the SRT file to the same name as the ripped file):

http://www.opensubtitles.com/en

Let us know if it works....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extracting Subtitles Program + Showing Question0