quick question on event clients and PPAs
I was just wondering what is the proper way of running XBMC with the WiiRemote event client from a fresh PPA install? What I've been doing was compiling WiiRemote.cpp from the last SVN I downloaded and running that in a terminal and then launching XBMC. This works fine, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some way of launching the client without compiling since I did install the xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote (not sure if thats the exact name) and I would like to avoid any conflicts.

thanks
Antec Fusion
Intel E2160 (1.8GHz)
4GB Patriot DDR2 800
Auztech X-Mystique Sound Card
300GB + 500GB + 750GB + 1TB
Ubuntu 9.10
if you use
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote
then you can run that eventclient from xbmc-wiiremote (it is currently the exact same as the one on svn but the one on svn might update more often)

So all in all they don't interfere with eachother but for endusers the one on PPA is best. I'll probably update the readme soon for these changes

Sincerely Topfs2
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
quick question on event clients and PPAs0