Guidance on the path forward needed
All of the posts on Elan's website and then here have really made me quite sad. I have XBMC on my Xbox as well as on my MacBook.

It seems that Team XBMC intends to continue support and development for the OSX platform and I have to give a hats-off to them for that. I sort of felt this coming well before the publicized code debacle. It seemed that a lot of kudos were being thrown by newly happy Mac users towards one subteam with no sense of history. As someone who dusted off an unused Xbox and was amazed by XBMC... I just could see something coming. When XBMC developers do something for free, it really kind of sucks to be overlooked. Shame on you to the people who didn't bother to thank the folks who started this whole thing and continue to develop.

Moving forward... I would like to continue testing both the so-called "OSXBMC" versions and the platform-aligned XBMC for OSX versions. That being said, does someone on the XBMC team intend on packaging a binary for OSX that aligns with the other platforms from time to time? Sort of a legit TC3H release since it is for OSX? I do with both teams well, but the XBMC team seems to have hit upon a development formula that has worked in general... I just hope the "OSXBMC" team manage to keep things together. It would be a shame... regardless of whether you like Macs or not... for this to wither away as an unfinished product from either group.

Always best regards...
Yes, I believe at least two team members have macs and have mentioned that they are willing to provide OS X builds. Ideally we'd release in-sync with linux and win32 builds (with a common versioning system) to keep everyone on the same page.

Having some skilled testers for it would be great Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Cool... I look forward to a link to a downloadable app! I'll keep the two different projects separate and hope to support both form the end-user aspect.
I'll be testing in-sync builds too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guidance on the path forward needed0