Show multiple album covers/ movie posters for selected item
I talked about this once in a skin thread a while back but figured I might as well post the idea here and see what, if anything, people think.

I like to collect, edit or make from scratch covers and posters for as much of my media as I can. In doing so I often end up with multiple images I like equally. Ultimately I can only choose 1 image to display.

Any possible way we could allow multiple images to be displayed when an item is selected? Perhaps some sort of control that would allow multiple images to fade from one to the other when its parent item is highlighted. Name the images Folder.jpg, Folder2.jpg, etc. or Item.tbn, Item2.tbn, etc. and highlight the item. Then watch as all the images basically start a miniature slideshow.

This would help particularly with music in the case that someone has multiple albums from a band within that band's folder instead of making a separate folder for each album. You could put a picture of each album in the main folder and when you highlight that folder, XBMC could show you what albums it contains without having to navigate into the folder.

If any clarification is needed feel free to ask.
Not likely to be added to the app as a whole, but you may be able to hack something up yourself, by using a multiimage control with <imagepath> set to something like:

<imagepath>$INFO[Container.FolderPath]</imagepath>

That'll play all the images in the current folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Appreciate the post jmarshall, seeing as how you were the dev who replied in my original skin thread. Glad to see I didn't get flamed for posting in this section. Laugh

When I get the chance to start building/ modding a skin I'll play around with that control. If I need any help I'll jump over to the Skin Development forum and see if anyone has any other ideas.
Hi,

Does anybody know how to get this request working? I'm also trying to use multiimage control to allow several posters to rotate in showcase view. Im using Aeon MQ5 on gotham 13.2

The existing lines looks like this

<control type="image"><!-- Poster -->
<include>ShowCasePoster</include>
<texture diffuse="thumb_poster_diffuse.png" fallback="DefaultVideoPoster.png" background="true">$VAR[value_poster]</texture>
<visible>[Skin.HasSetting(flattenshowcase) + [Window.IsActive(25) | Window.IsActive(1)] | Skin.HasSetting(flattenshowcasemusic) + [Window.IsActive(500) | Window.IsActive(501) | Window.IsActive(502)]] + !Control.IsVisible(6000)</visible>
</control>

I've gotten multiimage control working quite easily for the extrathumbs, using

<imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]\extrathumbs</imagepath>

However I cant figure out how to implement multiimage on the poster, I have tried

<control type="multiimage"><!-- Poster -->
<include>ShowCasePoster</include>
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[Container.FolderPath]\extraposters</imagepath>
<timeperimage>3500</timeperimage>
<fadetime>500</fadetime>
<loop>yes</loop>
<texture diffuse="thumb_poster_diffuse.png" fallback="DefaultVideoPoster.png" background="true">$INFO[Container.FolderPath]\extraposters</texture>
<visible>StringCompare(ListItem(0).Overlay,OverlayWatched.png) + [Skin.HasSetting(flattenshowcase) + [Window.IsActive(25) | Window.IsActive(1)] | Skin.HasSetting(flattenshowcasemusic) + [Window.IsActive(500) | Window.IsActive(501) | Window.IsActive(502)]] + !Control.IsVisible(6000)</visible>
</control>

Any help would be appreciated Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show multiple album covers/ movie posters for selected item0