• 19(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script
Djape Wrote:Guys, I'm getting this error when I try to start Youtube script:

ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ubuntu/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/YouTube/default.py", line 1144, in ?
w = YouTubeGUI("youtube.xml", base_path, "DefaultSkin")
TypeError: XML File for Window is missing

I'm not able to understand this error, so any help would be highly appreciated.

Thx.

You should have a file called /home/ubuntu/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/YouTube/resources/skins/DefaultSkin/PAL/youtube.xml

I suspect it means that this file is missing or corrupt.
Thx for reply.
Strange thing is that I have this file.

I've upgraded Youtube script from svn and it works now.

Cheers...
all i get when trying to play a youtube video is "there was an error". how do i get this to workHuh
submike21 Wrote:all i get when trying to play a youtube video is "there was an error". how do i get this to workHuh

I can confirm this also.
When I select the video (which is not easy as you have to press "right" twice - should be default on first video) I get popup info:
"This clip may contain inappropriate content. Do you want to watch it anyway?"
which is strange as video is cartoon Big Grin (it happens to all videos)
After pressing Yes, I get popup with error "there was an error" and xbmc hangs.
I'm only able to kill it via ssh nothing else, buttons do not respond.

Here is a log http://paste.ubuntu.com/463068/

Cheers Rolleyes
I don't know if this is the right place or not, but there is a new youtube version that you can download from the addon interface (the daily builds). Anyways I want to make a small request on this new addon, I would really like it to keep track on what youtube videos you have watched, esp if you search for a specific person (for instance HDStarcraft) and play their videos. There are a lot of ppl who post new stuff every day and it can be hard to remember what you have watched esp when you watch similar videos from other users.

So, a watched check mark, similar to file mode when watching video content would be sweet!
I'd be pretty surprised if this shows up in the addon interface. I think the author has abandoned this.

Incidentally, I tried the files that were in the svn for the first time, not realising that they were different to what's in that zip file (YouTube-3-4c.zip). The interface is a nice change, but I couldn't get it to play anything... I'll stick with the release Smile
BSSLoK Wrote:I'd be pretty surprised if this shows up in the addon interface. I'm pretty sure the author has abandoned this.

So,

what is the best Youtube player with HD and login/playlist support for XBMC?
Don't know. Honestly I couldn't get any of the others to work. You might have success with Nuka's YouTube plugin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45130

I've personally been using this script + various enhancements posted here + my own additions. I'm pretty happy with it.
PierreC Wrote:I don't know if this is the right place or not, but there is a new youtube version that you can download from the addon interface (the daily builds).

Pierre, that is a addon plugin not addon script.
Youtube plugin is not near Youtube script as script gives you full youtube expirence and gui is much better.

Cheers...
Is not working again (ver. 3.4c) can't load video files. Blush were working fine since release date to this month (July 2010).
The youtube api had changed and the author had left the project.

Code:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-youtube/

Regards
So is anyone here skilled enough to fix it?

I see the Navi-X version is up and running again.
Mr Peacock Wrote:So is anyone here skilled enough to fix it?

I see the Navi-X version is up and running again.

I'm very surprised that XBMC.org still doesn't have "official" Youtube script...
Guess you aren't running Dharma, huh?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So, I don't know about something? ;-)

I was waiting for official release.
How is Youtube supported in Darhma?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script4