remove DB links when sources are removed.
I noticed a while ago that when I deleted a source the files were not deleted from the DB as I expected. I have spoken to a few members on IRC and the consensus is that this is planned behaviour (despite a fair few people finding it counter intuitive) as the path is still correct and vaild regardless of if a source is present or not.

My suggestion was to have a dialog box that prompts the user on deletion of source as to if the user wanted to keep the db links (or wanted them to be removed).

I planned to have a look at this myself but i haven't had time/skill to really get to grips with it, so hopefully the community as a whole will want this and someone else will step up and take a look at it.
in CGUIWindowVideoFiles::OnContextButton, in the block that calls the contextmenu handling, add
Code:
if (button == CONTEXT_BUTTON_REMOVE_SOURCE)
        OnUnAssignContent(itemNumber);
and you are done
Does this mean i should add it to the SVN or it's done already?

I've got no issue in trying but it will be my first time.
you do not have svn access so that's a no go.
i gave u the code to test it out. i'm not sure if we want it in svn or not just yet, need to discuss with the gang....
ahh bless you spiff, one way or another you'll get me building xbmc Smile

ok i'll do some testing and report back. I still think it's a good addition and while i'd normally shy away from adding more dialog boxes i'd say it's worth it in this instant.
added to svn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remove DB links when sources are removed.0