Iphone/smart Phone Remote Control Interface
Lightbulb 
Hi All,

I don't know if this has already been thought up but I was thinking about how innovative Apple tries to be with its gadgets and considered what they might do with their tv box when an obvious feature occured to me that they could include.

The iphone could be used as a flashy touch screen remote by using WiFi and mimicking exactly what is displayed on the tv e.g. the menu system and content browser could be depicted upon the iphone just as it appears on the tv so that as you interact with the iphone screen your actions are being mimicked on the tv screen up to the point of actually playing a media file at which point the tv does its stuff and the iphone just sits idle being a phone once more.

After thinking up this one I thought "that would be cool for my xbox" and thought that with say a Windows Mobile smart phone surely the same can be acheived with something like my O2 Orbit2 [HTC Touch type phone] Obvious limitations to this would be the connectivity with an xbox so the interface would require use of a pc with wifi unless WiFi is available to xbmc for linux?

Has this been asked before for a feature request and does anyone else think this would be cool to have?

Cheers for reading,

Regards,

Oli Laugh
Well, it appears that I am only 8 months out of date on this one but has it been suggested for xbmc already?

Blush
Yes ALWAYS search BEFORE posting! "iphone remote" or "pda* remote" will give you the results that you are looking for.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Iphone/smart Phone Remote Control Interface0