Announcing XBMC DEV CON 2008 hosted by boxee
Star 
XBMC DEV CON 2008 will be the first event in which the developers on Team-XBMC get a chance to get together face-to-face, meet and greet, discuss XBMC, and maybe get a little coding done as well. After 6 years and with so many users, it is time for the Team-XBMC programmers to get out of the IRC chat-room and meet up in person to talk about the past, present, and future, set priorities and make plans (and yeah, play a few games), and who knows, this may even lead to a XBMC fan convention in the not too distant future.

When and where?
June the 13th, 14th, and 15th in Amsterdam.

Who is boxee?
boxee is a NYC-based start-up company that will soon be offering a social networking multimedia-platform built on-top of XBMC. Much as Red Hat and Firefox are specific businesses that have products built on open source code and open technologies as their framework, boxee's aim is to bring the core XBMC platform to the mainstream consumer. boxee is fully committed to the growth and success of XBMC and will continue to contribute back upstream to the XBMC code base under the GPL license. boxee is hosting the 2008 DEV CON, and will be going into public alpha testing of their product beginning on the 15th of June 2008. Team-XBMC is very excited to have our code base used in boxee's product, and we look forward to more people discovering XBMC through boxee. This initiative will hopefully lead others to use XBMC in a similar fashion.

How to get involved:
* Propose ideas for stuff that you would like Team-XBMC to discuss here in this forum topic-thread
* Meet Team-XBMC for drinks on the evening of June the 14th (details will be posted on the boxee blog)
* Follow boxee progress on the boxee blog: blog.boxee.tv
* Send boxee a Twitter with a comment or question: http://twitter.com/boxee

Signed / Team-XBMC
Wow! That is some big news. The boxee.tv site didn't give too much info. Can any of the devs elaborate? Congrats as well to the team. Hope you all have a great time. Down a pint for me!
Rand Al Thor Wrote:The boxee.tv site didn't give too much info. Can any of the devs elaborate?
Not really, boxee is officialy still in 'stealth mode'. All we can say is that boxee is a NYC-based start-up founded by a few avid XBMC users. They have been working with Team-XBMC behind the scenes for just over a year now, developing their product while at the same time submitting patches upstream to XBMC. More details are likely to come out starting June 15th, when they will launch an Alpha version of their XBMC-based boxee software.

PS! With twitter currently having some issues you guys can also follow the boxee blog on friendfeed.com/boxee

Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Not enough notice!! Sad
I've signed up. I'm not sure what to expect. But it sure did make me curious Smile.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Ive signed up for the alpha yet i have know clue what it is hehe.
I signed up and I'm totally in the dark as well. I can't wait to see what's around the corner! Cool
Intel NUC NUC5PPYH
  • Intel Pentium N3700 Quad-Core (Braswell)
  • Intel 535 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD
  • Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB DDR3L 1600 1.35v
  • Microsoft MCE Remote RC6 IR Model 1039
  • Kodi 17 LibreELEC Testbuilds Milhouse
I'm all a tingle with anticipation! Hopefully this will be good, whatever it is!!!
Last time I tried to paypal the team, it went unclaimed. Are you all interested in your grateful users helping to defray travel expenses?
If this is something akin to popcorn hour, only with xbmc, I will go freaking crazy with joy.

"Because I've ordered devices like that before - wasted a pretty penny, I don't mind telling you. And if The Peni... I mean, boxee works, I'll order a dozen."
lingenfr_xbmc: There's been some problems with our Paypal account that I'm pretty sure have since been sorted. Obviously we appreciate each and every donation we receive, no matter how large or small it is Smile

I shall chase up the matter to ensure things have been sorted out.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wow...totally unexpected... Amsterdam would be really cool, but I'll just have to wait for the pictures (hope someone makes a blog or something during or after).

I may sign up for the Alpha, but what platform are we talking about? I have Xbox and Macbook...
natethomas Wrote:If this is something akin to popcorn hour, only with xbmc, I will go freaking crazy with joy.

"Because I've ordered devices like that before - wasted a pretty penny, I don't mind telling you. And if The Peni... I mean, boxee works, I'll order a dozen."

I'd be walking on walls if that was the case! Shocked
Intel NUC NUC5PPYH
  • Intel Pentium N3700 Quad-Core (Braswell)
  • Intel 535 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD
  • Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB DDR3L 1600 1.35v
  • Microsoft MCE Remote RC6 IR Model 1039
  • Kodi 17 LibreELEC Testbuilds Milhouse
dailydisco Wrote:Wow...totally unexpected... Amsterdam would be really cool, but I'll just have to wait for the pictures (hope someone makes a blog or something during or after).

I may sign up for the Alpha, but what platform are we talking about? I have Xbox and Macbook...

This information would be helpful yes Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Question 
Amsterdam is pretty big, could anyone be a little more specific as to where the Convention is actually going to take place?

I'm looking at a few Hotels right now, but I'd really prefer one close to the actual location. Taxicab (or boat) rides through all of Amsterdam might unecessarily add to anyones travel budget.

I've never been in Dam, so any advice would be welcome.

By the way... I'm _so_ looking forward to this.

uwer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing XBMC DEV CON 2008 hosted by boxee1