Set ENQUEUE as SELECT action in Music?
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry to hear about the overhead roadblock to providing queue insertion. (Would it be possible for the ability to be enabled/disabled based on the size of the queue? e.g. Insertion to specific, selected locations in the queue is possible until the queue gets to N items, at which point media can only be appended.)
kraqh3d Wrote:photos and music would be fine. the photos could easily be filtered out and processed separately as a slideshow thats displayed while the music plays.

mixing photos and videos is complicated. each grouping of successive photos needs to be handled as an independent slideshow, played in between the videos.
Another scenario I'd thought about was configuring a playlist containing music, photos and videos, where the only audio would come from the specified audio tracks and the photos and videos would compete for video output. And, finally, just coming to mind, the audio could alternatively be configured for full volume during the photo slideshow but then fade to a lower level as background music during video playback, mixing the audio from the video and music tracks.

All that's just brainstorming, though. My most basic desire is a mixed playlist that would simply allow combining video and music/audio into a single playlist.
technically, combined music/video playlists would work today, however xbmc prevents it based on extension. just add video extensions to the music extension list and music extensions to the video extension list and voila, you have mixed playlists Wink

enqueue is enqueue, it adds to the end. period. exceptions are bad. a function should work the same all the time. besides, the ability to move an item up and down, and arbitrarily around the list has been available in the now playing context menu for a long time. you can use that if you want to reorder stuff.

please don't interpret my replies as interest in developing these things. i'm just adding to the conversation, stating personal preferences and facts about the limitations of xbmc. it is very likely that none of this gets implemented. i'm being arrogant or anything. im just being honest.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:technically, combined music/video playlists would work today, however xbmc prevents it based on extension. just add video extensions to the music extension list and music extensions to the video extension list and voila, you have mixed playlists
Interesting observation; thanks. (much to ponder, there; I'm not sure that wouldn't confuse the system as to what's a video vs music file, and am concerned how that would affect Library functions and third-party plug-in/script integration -- speaking from an admittedly ignorant perspective)

kraqh3d Wrote:please don't interpret my replies as interest in developing these things. i'm just adding to the conversation, stating personal preferences and facts about the limitations of xbmc. it is very likely that none of this gets implemented. i'm being arrogant or anything. im just being honest.
Oh, no worries... or expectations. I was just taking an opportunity, while a similar subject was active, to get feedback on what appeared to be functionality different from what was documented and somewhat inconsistent in implementation. You've cleared it all up, for me. Thanks.
Quote:Interesting observation; thanks. (much to ponder, there; I'm not sure that wouldn't confuse the system as to what's a video vs music file, and am concerned how that would affect Library functions and third-party plug-in/script integration -- speaking from an admittedly ignorant perspective)

Yeah now that I think about it, Xbmc would likely get confused. I think it first checks if the item is video or music before picking the player to use. If you merge the two lists together, Xbmc probably would only play one type, whichever is checked first.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:Yeah now that I think about it, Xbmc would likely get confused. I think it first checks if the item is video or music before picking the player to use. If you merge the two lists together, Xbmc probably would only play one type, whichever is checked first.
Thanks for all the feedback. My interest/need in a mixed playlist grows out of a little mucking with the Navi-X script, seeing how it helps navigate through a multimedia environment. I'll check w/ the script developer on his plans for the script.
plooger Wrote:My most basic desire is a mixed playlist that would simply allow combining video and music/audio into a single playlist.

As followup, I've just stumbled over the fact that the 'Video Playlists' and 'Music Playlists' sources each include a "New Smart Playlist..." option that allows for creation of a "Mixed" 'Smart Playlist'. Looks like "mixed playlists" are already supported to some extent. Time to learn how much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set ENQUEUE as SELECT action in Music?0