• 8(current)
Option to add additional custom genres to the databases, scrapers, & library filters?
And for DOCUMENTARIES, already exist possible to creat this directory?
+1 For me Would love this feature as I have a lot of anime, documentaries, cartoons and MMA that i watch and would love to have them in there respective database's. I loath the idea of my anime showing up with my TV Shows, not fun to sort through Tongue
Having recently migrated from MyMovies this is the #1 feature for me that I miss from that other program and because of this and the lack of a good XBMC GUI database editor I have not yet fully made the switch. I've got tons of movies spread across multiple hard drives. I do store movies on different drives based on whether they're new or if I've archived them, but I would love to have the ability to categorize movies so that, for instance, I can build smart playlists of Oscar nominees to watch, or movies that were voted highest on the Village Voice film critics poll. This could be accomplished via genres but it's less elegant than a separate categories function. And a GUI db editor would make things a whole lot easier..
Should be reasonably simple to implement this idea. Move the base category definitions to a table in the db, add an add/change/delete function for that table and allow you to select the category you populate when selecting the scraper. If I wasn't a python-ignoramus, I'd have a hack at it.
It would be really helpful to customize your own genres. And perhaps a way to manually edit the genre of multiple titles through the properties of the folder title/collection.

In general it would be much easier to manage your collection with a custom folder structure. You can add custom named folders and subfolders, select multiple titles and then drag them into the folders. Titles retain all their data, but you get the structure you want.
(2011-07-15, 20:13)bambam66 Wrote: I share all your concerns... i also would like to have a menu like:

-Movies
-TV Shows
-Documentaries
-Sports
-Music Videos

etc...

Would be great if the user was given the chance to create a new database "add new database" where a scraper(s) can be defined for each database.

I also love the HD Movies option in some XBMC Skins... this should be a default menu item under ALL skins!

The idea with have some sort of filtered menu item is great (HD Movies) as this could be a custom menu item defined by the user to filter any library.. eg:

-HD Movies
-FLAC Music
-MP3 >320kbps
-Drum and Bass
-Photos 2011
-Movies 2011

Please Please Please make this available to the user to configure! This would put the cherry on the cake! Big Grin

I agree. This is the most wanted feature in XBMC!

Would be great if the user was given the chance to create a new database "add new database" where a scraper(s) can be defined for each database. <-- Please make this possible, XBMC team!
You can do this in current nightlies for the video library. Smartplaylists are an integral part of the video library now. Search the forums *use google) for the no-how.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Indeed... this feature request is well on its way in the latest nightly builds.

Here is an example of what is possible:

Wiki guide is here but I don't think the actual xml files have not made it into the build ye t so you will have to write your own.

If you want to start preparing, try making some smart playlists as this feature uses the same xml format.
Will this let the custom categories (ie standup comedy or snowboarding DVDs) NOT show up in Movies? Or do you make a seperate playlist for "real" movies, and use a skin that lets you remove Movies from the main menu and add a link to a custom favorite?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
The latter, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-05-14, 02:39)clock2113 Wrote: Will this let the custom categories (ie standup comedy or snowboarding DVDs) NOT show up in Movies? Or do you make a seperate playlist for "real" movies, and use a skin that lets you remove Movies from the main menu and add a link to a custom favorite?

You can edit any filter you want including the main movies list using the "DoesNotContain" filter. The beauty is you can have as many filters as you want.

Its actually a very powerful way of doing things and gives complete control over what to show under each node.

You can even remove unwanted nodes now.
Not sure if this is of any help, but I've done a tutorial which uses smart playlists to seperate tv show and bonus features. The same principle could also be applied to movies. The link can be found in my signature. Not exactly what you're after but will do for now.
I would like to add custom genres to TV SHOWS at the EPISODE LEVEL. Primarily for sorting documentary content.
You have National Geographic, Natural World, Nature, etc. Lets say you wanted to watch something about 'Lions.' You would have to sort through all of the documentary channels individually to find the desired subject matter.
If i go into the GENRE filter under 'TV Shows' I could easily display all of my episodes about Lions. This would of course require me to could edit my .nfo files to add:
<genre>Animals&Wildlife</genre>
<genre>Lions</genre>
(not all episode titles neccesarily contain the tag word ('lions' in this eg.) desired.
What I am really trying to do is add/utilize search tags in the library (like certain websites use) but genres seems to be what xmbc has on offer.
If there is a way to do this with Smart Playlists that I am not seeing please let me know.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
(2012-05-10, 14:03)david1337 Wrote:
(2011-07-15, 20:13)bambam66 Wrote: I share all your concerns... i also would like to have a menu like:

-Movies
-TV Shows
-Documentaries
-Sports
-Music Videos

etc...

Would be great if the user was given the chance to create a new database "add new database" where a scraper(s) can be defined for each database.

I also love the HD Movies option in some XBMC Skins... this should be a default menu item under ALL skins!

The idea with have some sort of filtered menu item is great (HD Movies) as this could be a custom menu item defined by the user to filter any library.. eg:

-HD Movies
-FLAC Music
-MP3 >320kbps
-Drum and Bass
-Photos 2011
-Movies 2011

Please Please Please make this available to the user to configure! This would put the cherry on the cake! Big Grin

I agree. This is the most wanted feature in XBMC!

Would be great if the user was given the chance to create a new database "add new database" where a scraper(s) can be defined for each database. <-- Please make this possible, XBMC team!

(2012-05-11, 00:38)jmarshall Wrote: You can do this in current nightlies for the video library. Smartplaylists are an integral part of the video library now. Search the forums *use google) for the no-how.

(2012-05-14, 01:13)zag Wrote: Indeed... this feature request is well on its way in the latest nightly builds.

Here is an example of what is possible:

Wiki guide is here but I don't think the actual xml files have not made it into the build ye t so you will have to write your own.

If you want to start preparing, try making some smart playlists as this feature uses the same xml format.

Hi, I'm new.

I started to install XBMC to make my collection of over 1000 movies and TV-series more accessible.

For a few features I what very pleased by the posibilities in XBMC, but I was also a bit disappointed by XBMC.

I'm missing small features that would make it perfect for me. Reading a few topics here and especially this one gives me the idea that I'm not the only one who thought of a particular solution.

@bambam66 suggested something in his post that I'm also really missing in XBMC. I think that the reaction from @jmarshall and @zag isn't exactly on what @bambam66 really meant. Those posts are already quite old and I think it's a shame @bambam66 didn't correct the misinterpretation himself.

There is a difference of making custom categories in the library and the thing he suggests: making extra menu categories.

I for instance don't use the library at all. I don't look up a movie by genre or year, (who knows the release year of all his 1001 movies). I scroll through all my movies and pick one. I read the info and decide.

The thing @bambam66 suggested is customising the main menu. One can do that already a bit by leaving out databases like I did with 'pictures' and 'music' (Eden version), but what I think he suggests is that one should be able to add a category here as well.

For example:
I've got a few categories: movies, kidsmovies, series, animated series, kids animated series. They even are all on different disks in my server. I would like to have these categories available on the menu level, not on library level. Now, on menu level, one can only split on movies and TV-shows.

I woul really like this the ability to customise the main menu. I need that possibility so badly that XBMC is quite useless to me if not available.

If this is already possible please let me know

kind regards
FIBO
possible in next xbmc version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to add additional custom genres to the databases, scrapers, & library filters?5