• 16(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
I would like to send SkItZo a long overdue thanks for posting his very thorough exentghost file. I specially like the additional functions it provides that I never would have thought of (ie launch the 3d Task switcher, use ALT-F4 to exit which also works as a nice system shutdown).

I plan on eventually uploading my eventghost file. Some of the minor changes include, sorting the PS3 buttons into subfolders for easier configuring of eventghost, adding volume up and down keys and perhaps switching the 3D task switcher to its hotkey CNTRL+WINKEY+TAB instead of it launching it with a program call.

I also wanted to note to those having problems; I had errors at first load until I copied the new PS3plugin files in the appropriate subfolder. These are available here http://eventghost.org/forum/download/file.php?id=2065 and the corresponding forum thread http://eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.ph...&start=165

Lastly, even though I think this is a more of a general XBMC question. I just upgraded to Eden (absolutely awesome) I really like the use of the screen real estate using the horizontal menu bar.

Would it be possible to have the the back button (keyboard backspace) behave that so when you back out of submenu and finally get to the main menu, another backspace key press would go to full screen video (ie hide the menu)?

Thanks everyone for their great work.
karatekickz Wrote:Would it be possible to have the the back button (keyboard backspace) behave that so when you back out of submenu and finally get to the main menu, another backspace key press would go to full screen video (ie hide the menu)?

You should be able to edit your keyboard.xml file and put an entry in the <Home> section. On my machine the file is located at:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

You could assign basckspace there so it goes fullscreen. something like this:
Code:
<Home>
    <keyboard>
      <i>info</i>
      <end>XBMC.ShutDown()</end>
      <backspace>FullScreen</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>
VoxCommando.com
schooleydoo Wrote:But surely that is defeating the object if it disables bluetooth (disconnecting the remote) and then immediately enables bluetooth (remote reconnects), without a button press?

Also, my timer does not seem to run automatically, its almost as if it is waiting for an action to start it. I am a little unclear on the wildcard (PS3.Button.*). I think this saying that any button press resets the timer? But any bottun does not seem to start the timer in the first place, so there isn't anything to reset? If I manually click on the macro and push the start button (green one on the Eventghost top bar), it works fine as above.

PS - my problem with X10 was resolved by creating my own tree and actions. Not sure why Skitzo's XML didn't work for me but thank you anyway.

I should work as it is called "Timer: Start new or control running timer"

It will either start, or restart a timer. It seems that the action is not firing for some reason. What do your ps3 button events look like? Did you rename the prefix in the ps3 settings?

As to the question of whether the method actually works, only time will tell (observing changes in battery life), unless you have an ammeter. I think what happens is that, even though the service starts up again, the remote is not actually connected until you press a button. Usually if you notice a short delay when you press a button on the ps3 this is a good sign that it was sleeping. The delay is the time it takes to reconnect.
VoxCommando.com
jitterjames Wrote:You could assign basckspace there so it goes fullscreen. something like this:
Code:
<Home>
    <keyboard>
      <i>info</i>
      <end>XBMC.ShutDown()</end>
      <backspace>FullScreen</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>

Actually, It was exactly like that Smile Thank you very much sir.

I was not aware the keyboard.xml file was so robust. After reading the wiki, I added the <keymap> tags and simply added your changes to my user directory %appdata\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\ to preserve the change during a reinstall. I like the addition so much I think it should be XBMC's default behavior Wink

I also added in Settings > System > Input Devices, turn on "Remote control sends keyboard presses". This allows for control of the Onscreen "virtual" keyboard using the remote's d pad.

I now almost have the remote tweaked to perfection Wink. Thanks to all and a special thanks to JitterJames for his active participation in this forum. I know you must be busy with your awesome VoxCommando software.
Big Grin

glad it worked.
VoxCommando.com
Im thinking about ordering the new ps3 remote from ebay. But first a couple of questions:

For how long does the battery last while using the "sleep" function?

And how well does the auto repeat function work?

Finally, is this the best bluetooth enabled remote to use in Eventghost?
(2012-03-24, 15:42)gechu Wrote: Im thinking about ordering the new ps3 remote from ebay. But first a couple of questions:

For how long does the battery last while using the "sleep" function?

And how well does the auto repeat function work?

Finally, is this the best bluetooth enabled remote to use in Eventghost?

It work pretty well actually. It took me a couple of time to understand that the PS3 plugin in the last version of eventghost (0.4.1.r1544) was not compatible with my remote. I've replaced the plugin from this thread. I've heard somewhere that the battery was supposed to live 1.5 years with the remotesleep program. Without it, you will last 1 week!

I'm using the version of the remote with the 3d button.
Thanks Zipper, soon my order is on its way Wink
I'm also using this configuration from the post 217. You can also modified the settings for your own purpose. There is just one thing that I can't use and it's the battery level checker. Does anyone can make it work?

EDIT :

Nevermind, I found the solution in this thread. I've copy/paste that code in my .xml config under the battery check action:
Quote: <Action Name="Show OSD: battery level: {int(eg.result)}">
EventGhost.ShowOSD(u'battery level: {int(eg.result)}', u'0;-37;0;0;0;700;0;0;0;0;3;2;1;34;Arial', (128, 255, 128), (0, 0, 0), 0, (0, 0), 0, 3.0, True)
</Action>

The only thing is that it show the battery level only when XBMC is not on fullscreen mode.
the ps3remotesleep proggy keeps randomly unparing my remote. Rather it eat batteries than have to keep messing. Rubbish app *delete*
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2012-04-11, 01:47)Death-Axe Wrote: the ps3remotesleep proggy keeps randomly unparing my remote. Rather it eat batteries than have to keep messing. Rubbish app *delete*

Can you describe the behaviour in more detail. Is it one of the newer PS3 remotes? Have you check if your remote unpairs at all when not using ps3remotesleep?
(2012-04-11, 09:15)riaanc Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 01:47)Death-Axe Wrote: the ps3remotesleep proggy keeps randomly unparing my remote. Rather it eat batteries than have to keep messing. Rubbish app *delete*

Can you describe the behaviour in more detail. Is it one of the newer PS3 remotes? Have you check if your remote unpairs at all when not using ps3remotesleep?

it happens at random when ps3remotesleep kicks in. The device is still in my bluetooth devices, but its gray. I have to delete it and re pair it up. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's happening more often now. I have rared and deleted the app, so it wont kick in now, I'll test it over the next couple of days and I'll let you know.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Good Day fellas,

i used this resource to set up my htpc and when i was at the final stages i set up using the 1st gen bluetooth remote, however it stopped working and i ordered the new model. I have linked it with my television successfully but it refused to pair with my cirato dongle on win7pro x64 edition.. .any suggestions ?
Since getting rid of ps3remote sleep, I've not had to do the daily re pair of my remote.
cirago
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2