• 4(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Rand Al Thor Wrote:New Build looks great! I still wish it would scrape more than imdb for posters though as I have manually entered a url for a poster on every nfo I have created. Other than that this thing is awesome Wink Thanks again.

Among other things I am looking at additional scrapers. http://www.movieposterdb.com/ seems a likely candidate as its guaranteed to return correct movie art, and would be fairly simple to scrape.
billyad2000 Wrote:The Default behaviour is NOT to save the IMDB thumbnail.

When you re-scrape a movie via the edit screen the IMDB thumbs wiull be downloaded, But unless select to overwrite via the checkbox, it wont be saved.

The auto scan should only save imdb thumbnail if a tbn file doesn't already exist
Undestood. But I'd rather have the option not save ANY imdb thumbs, since I for the most part rely on other, superior thumbs (IMPA, movieposters). I imagine many others do the same.

I just now realized that the program will not read imdb urls from nfo files for identification purposes.
(at the same time I found out it overwrites my imdb nfos if they exist Smile )

How about having an option to save nfos with imdb urls, not xml files?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The scanning process seems to create multiple .nfo files if there are multiple video files in the subfolders, say movies with 2 parts, or trailers or samples. Would it be possible to limit this to one .nfo per subfolder ?
Apparently it does not observe XBMC stacking.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
hotzenpl0tz Wrote:The scanning process seems to create multiple .nfo files if there are multiple video files in the subfolders, say movies with 2 parts, or trailers or samples. Would it be possible to limit this to one .nfo per subfolder ?

I need a way of doing this. While it will be fairly simple to disregard multipart movie containing cd2, disk2 in the filename etc, although moviea and movieb would be useless. I also dont know how to differentiate a trailer from a movie. I need to know peoples naming methods.

Another possibility would be to add a dummy file for files to ignore,

for example:-

movie_cd1.avi
movie_cd2.avi
movie_cd2.dng - dummy file

if the dng file exists then the program would ignore the file. Let me know

In the meantime it would be helpful if people let me know their naming methods for multipart movies, trailers etc.

In the long run I intend to attach a DB to this which will make it much easier to flag media as unwanted.
Version 1.041 is now ready - see my sig

Bugfix - actor thumb from previous movie displayed for blank nfo - this should now be definately fixed

Bug fix - "filename :" text showed foldername.nfo instead of filename.nfo when in folder mode

Bug fix - auto-scan should now work properly. I introduced some bugs when I introduced the ability to scan for foldername.

The program will also get all available thumbs from MoviePosterDB. In addition to this, during auto scan, if no tbn file exists then it grabs the first thumb from MovieposterDB instead of IMDB.
Wouldn't it be possible at least for people who use the "folder name" scan option, to assume the folder contains only a single movie and create just one .nfo file ? I am pretty sure alot of people have a structure like this:
Movies / Movie A / part1.avi,part2.avi.trailer.avi etc.
billyad2000 Wrote:I need a way of doing this. While it will be fairly simple to disregard multipart movie containing cd2, disk2 in the filename etc, although moviea and movieb would be useless. I also dont know how to differentiate a trailer from a movie. I need to know peoples naming methods.
Why just not use the XBMC stacking code and default regexp?
As far as I know it covers most of, if not all the most popular methods.
Version 1.042

Now should now only create an nfo for the first part of a multifile movie, additional parts will be ignored.

I think I got most of the popular naming methods, let me know if i've missed any.

It should work in either filename or folder mode.

also filenames containing trailer will be ignored

download via my sig.
BTW, regarding the new version 1.042

multipart movies that have already had an nfo scraped will still display in the movielist combobox.

Just remove the extra nfo files using the delete nfo button, or manually delete via Windows. It will not be re-scraped.

tbn files created for these files will have to be deleted manually.
The multipart thing didn't seem to reliably work here. This is probably due to the fact, that I only have correct folder names but never correct file names - they can be something really random if the source they are from chose to name them something weird. An example where it didn't work:

z:\movies\walk the line

I now have:

walk the line - 1.avi
walk the line - 1.tbn
walk the line - 1.nfo
walk the line - 2.avi
walk the line - 2.tbn
walk the line - 2.nfo

And the movie shows up twice in our application of course. How does your app decide if a movie is a multipart movie, purely by filenames ? If so, what file naming schemes would you suggest ? It is probably best I just start renaming my files because they are a real mess.
hotzenpl0tz Wrote:The multipart thing didn't seem to reliably work here. This is probably due to the fact, that I only have correct folder names but never correct file names - they can be something really random if the source they are from chose to name them something weird. An example where it didn't work:

z:\movies\walk the line

I now have:

walk the line - 1.avi
walk the line - 1.tbn
walk the line - 1.nfo
walk the line - 2.avi
walk the line - 2.tbn
walk the line - 2.nfo

And the movie shows up twice in our application of course. How does your app decide if a movie is a multipart movie, purely by filenames ? If so, what file naming schemes would you suggest ? It is probably best I just start renaming my files because they are a real mess.

The trouble with that is that many movie names will finish in a number and it would be impossible to tell the difference.

Say you had a movie folder containing :

Lethal Weapon 1
Lethal Weapon 2
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4

Then only the first one would be recognised.

Recognised naming for stacking includes :-

the following are not case sensitive

cd1, cd2 etc
cd 1, cd 2 etc
cd-1, cd-2 etc
cd_1, cd_2 etc

part1, part2 etc
part 1, part 2 etc
part-1, part-2 etc
part_1, part_2 etc

dvd1, dvd2 etc
dvd 1, dvd 2 etc
dvd-1, dvd-2 etc
dvd_1, dvd_2 etc

disk1, disk2 etc
disk 1, disk 2 etc
disk-1, disk-2 etc
disk_1, disk_2 etc

I think the above includes most naming conventions, if i've missed any out then let me know.
I wont however be including such as

somemovie1
somemovie2
or
somemoviea
somemovieb

It would effect too many other movies which aren't multipart.
I'm having the same problem I posted about in the 'XBMC-DB - seperate nfo files' forum earlier today. The window is so large, I can't see all the fields or buttons. Re-sizing the window doesn't make any difference. My screen resolution is 1024x768. Am I doing something wrong? It does work if i up the resolution to 1280x1024, but that's way small on my laptop screen.

Thanks for ANOTHER much needed piece of software!
Great work!

buzz
Really good program. Had to rename a few movies but worth it. Big Grin
Ok, after having renamed my movies the program works great and it really saves a TON of time if your have to clean your xbmc database. I am eagerly awaiting support for tv shows, then this will be absolutely perfect. Thanks alot !

What I noticed:
- If I close the app while is is working/scanning the process remains active and a small window pops up every second or so (probably the imdb scanner thread?). I have to close it with the taskmanager in this case.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7