• 106(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
When you import a XBMC nfo file into Media Companion, only the first of all genres is showed.
The XBMC nfo in this example is generated by exporting separate nfo files from the XBMC library.

Quote:<mpaa>G</mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>
<id></id>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Animation</genre>
<country>United States of America</country>
<director>Clyde Geronimi</director>
<director>Hamilton Luske</director>
<director>Wolfgang Reitherman</director>
<premiered></premiered>
<status></status>
<code></code>
<aired></aired>
<trailer></trailer>

When imported into Media Companion, only one genre is showd (Adventure in this example).
Also the ID Tag in the XBMC file is always empty so Media Companion cannot update the nfo file by Batch Rescrapping.
Hi, I am trying to organize my TV show collection and am having trouble getting the “extras” recognized properly. All the little short takes etc get strange names and numbering (like season 207) and sometimes named totally different shows instead of something like season 3 bloopers 1 (or whatever). Is there something special that needs to be done to get these extras recognized by MC? I have tried putting them in “Specials” folders since theTVDB categorizes them as specials but that doesn’t seem to have helped. Any suggestions/ideas would really be appreciated!

Cheers,

-Gaiko
I recently started using MC 3.4 and I'm really liking it.

But I've noticed in XBMC when I scrape my movies they won't list in alphabetical order.
I've had it sort by all the different means and it will not list them in alphabetical order.

I've also tried it in 4 different skins with the same effect.It lists my TV Shows just fine but not movies.In Neon where there is a separate listing for HD movies it lists them alphabetically.

If I take out the .NFO files and use the built in scraper it will list them alphabetically.

It's annoying after I took the time to edit all my movies that XBMC won't list them like I want them.

Thanks in advance
I would also like to say that I have uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC with the same problem persisting.

I also used a older version of Media Companion(3.260) that I had but hadn't used yet,
and even though it wouldn't scrape movie info properly when I had XBMC scan those .NFOs it would list them alphabetically.
never mind found out what the problem was
How do you get MC to add all it's information into xbmc? I've read that you just remove the source in xbmc and add it again after you've run MC. But when you add the source again which scraper option do you choose? Do you leave it as none in xbmc and then MC will automatically add the thumbs fan art and info from the NFO files?
Still trying to work all this out.
Troyp42 Wrote:How do you get MC to add all it's information into xbmc? I've read that you just remove the source in xbmc and add it again after you've run MC. But when you add the source again which scraper option do you choose? Do you leave it as none in xbmc and then MC will automatically add the thumbs fan art and info from the NFO files?
Still trying to work all this out.

Just choose IMDB as the scraper in XBMC when you set content.

XBMC will look for local nfo files first before scraping IMDB.
Ok great, thanks for that.
dtviewer Wrote:Just choose IMDB as the scraper in XBMC when you set content.

XBMC will look for local nfo files first before scraping IMDB.

So do I need to set "run automated scan"?

When I set IMDB as the scraper and click ok it says scanning for new media content and then downloading media information. Is it downloading this info from IMDB or from my movie folder? I have NFO files setup in all my media folders?
Troyp42 Wrote:So do I need to set "run automated scan"?

When I set IMDB as the scraper and click ok it says scanning for new media content and then downloading media information. Is it downloading this info from IMDB or from my movie folder? I have NFO files setup in all my media folders?

It is using the nfo files you have in your local folders.
If it doesnt see an nfo file locally then it will go online and scrape it.

Sounds like you are good to go.
Thanks for that. Cheers.
I find it annoying that it finds dosens of folders which are not movies
How about making some ignores? Test for name Sample, Poof, CD1, CD2, Subs, Cover, Covers, Extras etc?

Here's an old script I had laying around. Maybe you can use that for inspiration?

Set regEx = New RegExp
regEx.Pattern = "^Sample$|^Proof$|^DVD[1-9]$|^CD[1-9]$|^DISC[\.\_-][1-9]$|^Subs$|^Cover$|^Covers$|^Extra$|^Extras$|"
regEx.IgnoreCase = True
regEx.Global = True
how can I stop downsizing,
when I add a Poster-URL or Browse it from my HDDHuh?
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7