• 16(current)
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request
Thanks John sounds great!
anywonder Wrote:Thanks John sounds great!

Here's the updated version...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddnkzziyooh
Works perfect, what more can I say Smile Thank you John.

(Side note: I can't imagine ever using Microsoft's awful Media Center Extender again. I feel bad for people with XBox 360s whose only option is a MCX..)
anyone else experiencing the interlace problem?
John Donaghy Wrote:Here's the updated version...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddnkzziyooh

Alright, just noticed a slight problem only on dvr-ms files (possibly only the ones in my file format) with this version. If I fast forward at 32x, at around seven minutes, the video stops. If I fast forward at 16x, at around three minutes it also stops.

I don't usually fast forward much so I didn't notice this at first.

stepir, if your problem is what I've had just with normal broadcast interlacing on any files, you might get around that by using one of the post-processing filters or de-interlacing on the video OSD. Or you could run in NTSC 4:3 or NTSC 16:9 and turn the flicker filter on.
Audio still goes off after a while for me - not sure how long, as I started it playing and came back maybe half an hour later.
So what length do you need for a good sample?
Don, I gave him like a 40-minute sample, but of course I'm on a cable connection so..
Thumbs Up 
Hey John, love your work! I haven't checked the thread for a while but logged on today, downloaded your latest mplayer.dll and hey presto it works fantastic.

Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
@John, I've been following your progress via the MPlayer developers mailing-list and sounds as you're close to finding some solutions, great stuff! Hope the MPlayer developers will accept any demuxer/codec or player fixes you find into their SVN.

PS! Looks like FFmpeg have implemented several related fixes lately into their demuxer (libavformat) in their own SVN, fixes that looks directly or indirectly related to DVR-MS (like their asf and mpeg demux code). Have you been involved in their development as well?, or know if they have been cross-porting any of those ASF/DVR-MS fixes and improvements between FFmpeg (libavformat) and the MPlayer demuxer? (FFmpeg also have a maling-list for developers)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Don_Karnia Wrote:Audio still goes off after a while for me - not sure how long, as I started it playing and came back maybe half an hour later.
So what length do you need for a good sample?

As anywonder says, a good sample would be about at least 40 minutes in length.
http://www.mediafire.com seems to work well for transferring files of this size.

Even a few minutes would help though, because I can at least look inside the file to see how it might be different.

I take it you were definitely using the latest dll I posted to mediafire?

John
PS! Looks like FFmpeg have implemented several related fixes lately into their demuxer (libavformat) in their own SVN, fixes that looks directly or indirectly related to DVR-MS (like their asf and mpeg demux code). Have you been involved in their development as well?, or know if they have been cross-porting any of those ASF/DVR-MS fixes and improvements between FFmpeg (libavformat) and the MPlayer demuxer? (FFmpeg also have a maling-list for developers)[/quote]

Thanks. I had a look at the change log. I didnt see anything much that isnt in the mplayer native demuxer though. I'm planning to port my changes there eventually anyway - if they want them that is Wink

Thanks to everybody for the testing and feedback btw.

John
A 40 minute sample for me is 1.83gb, and Mediafire seems to allow only up to 100mb.
Should I just do a few minutes?
anywonder Wrote:Alright, just noticed a slight problem only on dvr-ms files (possibly only the ones in my file format) with this version. If I fast forward at 32x, at around seven minutes, the video stops. If I fast forward at 16x, at around three minutes it also stops.

I noticed this problem aswell, most of the time fastforward & rewind crashes my xbox.

I did also notice that the audio & video go out of sync slightly but is fixed by fastforwarding slighly.

Let me know if you'd like any more samples John?
Don_Karnia Wrote:A 40 minute sample for me is 1.83gb, and Mediafire seems to allow only up to 100mb.
Should I just do a few minutes?

Do a short one to start with. Anyone know a better file host?
I tried a 2 minute file at around 95mb, but about halfway through the 2 hour upload, Firefox gave me a connection reset error.
I had to settle for a one minute file; I hope it's of at least some use...
http://www.mediafire.com/?ehzj4m5mnqd
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request2